1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never considered race too much in my analysis of the situation but the initial police report listed him as "White" so that was why Zimmerman was reported as being white.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So those so against Martin, believe the police should be relied upon except for the part where they listed Zimmerman's race as white.

In that case anyone who refers to Zimmerman as white is just race baiting.

3. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Hmm, where's the fake indignation when people say negative, untrue things about Martin. You are very quick to say something about Nobama but avoid answering for your bias like the plague.

4. Granville

Granville Member

And what difference does it make for a black family to lose a child to violence versus any other ethnicity losing a child to violence? The hurt is the same for any family. Obama knew what the family was blaming the child's death on and connecting the victim to him in the manner he did gives the perception of being impartial. It's not the first time Obama said stupidly defended the race card being thrown out.

5. Granville

Granville Member

Cant edit.... meant to type of not being impartial

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

bigtexxx thinks you're a cheapskate. Just prepare yourself for his wrath, FYI. He thinks if you haven't donated, you're a just a leech. His thoughts, not mine.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Typical red herring trolling from you.

Major is the true cheapskate. Granville only has 471 posts. Major has thousands upon thousands and still hasn't found it in himself to chip in to the site that he spends his days leeching on.

8. Granville

Granville Member

I am a cheapskate So I agree with him. He thinks you're a dumbass, I agree with him there too.

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

liltexxx also thinks that you hurling insults means you've lost the argument.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

When you hurl personal insults, you've lost the argument, brah.

11. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

12. Granville

Granville Member

I said that I was a cheapskate so there was no argument.....

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Good, you recognize that the argument came from the latter part of your post.

14. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Long quote, but Maguire nails it.

Link

15. Granville

Granville Member

Huh? Which particular argument did I lose by saying BigTexx thought RM95 is a dumbass? And then saying I agreed.

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The argument over him being a dumbass. You lost it the moment you began it, but even by liltexxx's standard you lost it by issuing the insult.

17. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Condolences to the family of that young lady as she recently died.

Trayvon Martin was killed February 26th - the first major national news outlet (CBS) didn't report until March 8.

You realize that shooting occurred April 15 right. It's just a matter of time until the larger news agencies pick up on it (FOX hasn't broken the story also - why are they not being bashed in that article? Agenda anyone?).

Furthermore here's another white on black shooting death:
    http://www.wwaytv3.com/2012/04/18/f...rn-shooting-death-neighbor-relives-tragic-day

This has all the calling cards of something the NY Times should be reporting according to that article.

It occurred 4 months ago. It also hasn't been reported by any major news outlets. In many instances these things take time.

BTW - what exactly is the point of your thread?

18. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Post* - You think the only reason it's even an issue is because of the races involved?

You have got to be kidding me.

19. Granville

Granville Member

You went a long way to make senseless point.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

How does the summer moody case or any of other cases have anything to do with the martin case?

If GZ wasn't packing and decided to run after someone no one would be dead. The authors of the stand your ground law don't believe the law applies in this case so why should anyone else.