1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trae Young is a better player than Luka Doncic

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by H.D., Jun 19, 2021.

1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

There's the "opinion" out there that Luka gets more buzz than Trae because he happens to be white. In reality, nobody was even looking at Atlanta until they started kicking butt in the playoffs. Atlanta - like Charlotte, Sacramento, Detroit - has basically been a nonentity for years now with few games on national TV. So a lot of folks have been stunned at just how good this kid is because his team got no publicity. He looks to be a generational talent as does Luka.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Man we're already in the next generation mode of Harden vs. Curry. Luka vs. Trae.

ramotadab, H.D., roslolian and 2 others like this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

with better handles and playmaking and mostly primary ball handler

4. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Trae is the next NBA superstar. The dude is fearless and now he's got a taste of playoff success. ATL should be excited

Caesar, roslolian and MrButtocks like this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Trae wishes he had Curry's first team all NBA playmaking abilities.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Off the ball playmaking, amirite??

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Pube beard skills.

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  8. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

pube head of hair > pube beard

Trae > Curry

Caesar and KingCheetah like this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Trae Young elevated his game this season wonder if he just needed the right coach. His efficiency is off the charts just making shots left and right it's insane.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Firing Lloyd Pierce was the best thing that happened for Trae and the Hawks organization. If Hunter can come back next year healthy and Reddish can be a serviceable role player the Hawks might be the 2nd best team in the East next season.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I don't know who is better, but I much prefer watching Trae to Luka. Luka's slow moving, deliberate game is boring af.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Luka is a taller, white equally fat Harden, Trae is a balding dwarf version of Curry/Dame

Easy and T for 3 like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Are you totally sure of that?

Are you sure guys want to play with him over Trae?

Do you think coaches want to be beholden to a player like Luka?

GM's yeah because talent is always foremost but I am not sure about players and coaches.

#73 jiggyfly, Jun 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    H.D. likes this.
  14. H.D.

H.D. Member

"lack of interest"? In the highlights, Porzingis gets open and claps for the ball, and Doncic sees this and ignores KP and goes hero-ball, one on five. Unless KP banged Doncic's GF, the schism between them is all on Doncic and cannot be repaired.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Yeah you're right.

Oh wait, maybe it's because of all the countless times the 7'3 Porzingis gets the ball in fantastic position in the post defended by someone a foot shorter than him and A) cannot move them an inch or B) thinks he's playing hot potato and launches a horrible shot without taking his time or looking at the ring - both ending in the same result.

I don't blame Luka if he hates Porzingis. He was promised someone who would help him. He definitely didn't get it.

Rockets fans are hoping the Mavs keep Porzingis.

steddinotayto likes this.
  16. H.D.

H.D. Member

While I disagree with you (the most damning highlights are with KP wide-open beyond the arc), this is a fair criticism of my view.

T for 3 likes this.
  17. i3artow i3aller

18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

as much of a scumbag and piece of trash as he is, his basketball takes are usually pretty solid. One of the very few good players who has any sense of player evaluation, pretty surprising to hear such nonsense from him (granted he was talking to trae so i doubt he actually believes it)

19. Ancient Moabite

I thought Luka was of Slovenia nationality? Luka gets more buzz because he has been a preseason MVP choice and has gotten his team further in postseason and he replaced a Mage legend / German National in Dirk which are big shoes to fill, inclusive with his game he showcases since entering league

Both of them are ballers but since everything is bigger in Texas, Luka gets the edge on that as well

Luka being pale skin may have something to do with that being the U.S. is a institutionalized racism corporation, which is why they have most trained/educated to falsely believe people are a misnomer coloring crayon status (white/black/brown/yellow/red)

But if Luka was a purple person he would still be legit on the hardwood, no doubt

20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Trying to recruit Trae Young on the Warriors knowing Stephen Curry is getting older.

Lovemachine2000 and ramotadab like this.