1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Trade Value] Rocket's Current Assets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LongTimeFan, Dec 13, 2010.

?

How Would You Rate Our Trade Assets?

1. Bad

5.0%
  2. Average

52.8%
  3. Great

42.1%
  1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

yeah i guess SA could use the depth and have scola and timmy.

boston could use him if they are tired of big baby and for general depth purposes, but i don't see any trade that would benefit us.

orlando agreed.

miami they need the depth, but have nothing to trade.

i dunno...i guess a trade would either be some sort of 3 way deal or just expiring contracts and a first for luis.

jeff green for luis? is that just a lateral move? i dunno...i think this is the first time i have been lost as a rockets fan. we are rudderless without knowing what the team is going to do with yao.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

of course teams would like to have him. is a late first and expirings good for luis in your eyes?

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I agree on Scola/NJ, if the Rox are going to rebuild then I imagine they would want to move Scola's contract and play Hill/PP. I've mentioned this in the past, Murphy for Scola+Fillers (Scola is a BYC) would clear lots of cap room to go shopping this offseason or next when the CBA is figured out. You may even get a pick out of it as Scola maybe the best big man available along with Gasol just older.

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I think he was just looking for teams that could hide Scola's defensive deficiencies. Miami couldn't (Bosh+Scola = front court disaster on defense); Orlando could (Dwight+Scola). The Thunder could (Ibaka+Scola). The Lakers would have no need for him; the Celtics would have no need for him. That said, there's very little those teams have that I'd accept for Scola. Only the Thunder's Green interest me, and even then, he's just alright.

The problem with trading him to a lottery team is how many teams want a 30 year old player whose getting paid until 2015? I intentionally left him and Martin off my list because I think if a team is trading their star player, likely they're rebuilding. In my eyes, Martin/Scola aren't guys you'd want in a rebuilding project.. they're more guys that can put you over the top if you're close to contending.

As far as the Nets go, I had asked Feigen about the rumor that the Nets were "preparing" an offer for Scola. Here's what he said back:

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

IMHO Jeff Green is severely undervalued, he is already an 18-7-2 guy playing with two studs and he plays defensive. Play him at the SF and I think he would thrive. He is also young and it will allow the Rox to play their other young PFowards.

Would you rather have a 30 something Scola or an early 20 something Jeff Green helping rebuild or reload the squad.

6. verse

verse Contributing Member

Was talking to a buddy of mine today. I bet the Spurs would take him on as a final piece to their championship contending team. A package centered around Blair and Hill would get my attention.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

side note...how is blair's defense? i haven't really watched him a ton on d. i saw his D rating was 97 this year which is pretty damn good.

...and a trade like that does make sense for us, but that is a good amount for the spurs to give up considering how they are rolling right now. i'm curious how spurstalk would feel about that trade.

8. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

I have honestly never checked out any of the Rockets' asses.

1 person likes this.
  9. verse

verse Contributing Member

He knows how to use that wide frame and had surprisingly quick feet. He's definitely not a liability defensively and crushes the boards, defensively and offensively. To me, though, having Scola puts them closer to the trophy than Blair/Hill...for the next two years. In some ways, it is he reverse Barkley trade, but with a more selfless, still in his prime, centerpiece.

10. gah

gah Member

I don't think SA would swallow their pride and trade for Scola. they'd prefer to not look back at that blunder.

After saying this, I'm all up for trading Scola, I think his value is at its peak right now, much like Landry's was last year. You don't have to pay much attention to realize how much he is hurting us on defense, and the older he gets...