1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade scenarios to acquire Rashard Lewis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hottoddie, Jul 7, 2002.

1. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I dont see Phoenix giving up Joe Johnson...they gave up a couple of decent players to get him.

Can you imagine if this trade happened? Has there ever been a 3 way trade in which 3 more overpaid, underachieving slugs (Mo, Baker and Penny) swithced teams? The scary thing is...I think Mo is the best of the 3 and we get *gulp*...robbed as far as which slug we get and which one we give.

2. tigereye

tigereye Member

in ESPN's insider column a couple of weeks ago, the DA David Aldridge listed a couple of trades that might go down. one was a 3-way deal between the Rocks, Clips, and Sonics. The Rocks would send Rice and Walt to the Clips, Lamar Odom would go to Seattle and Lewis to Houston. As for why the Clips would do this is simple. ThEY have been whtching Rice in Miami where he is simply on fire. In the summer leagues out there, he is shooting lights out and many believe that he is fully recoverd from his injuries. Seattle believes they would still be getting a talented player in Odom. Odom coul make up for the departure of Lewis. And with Payton in the backcourt, they really could be dangerous. If we don't get Lewis it is allrighty with me. Cuase the real Glen Rice might actually be back.