1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade all the veterans, Play the rookies....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vince, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm with this plan. Ship out the vets for young talent or future picks and hope we get lucky.

Beats the hell out of the Les/Morey treadmill.

2. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

david stern will not let us win the lottery... i wouldve thought you so called die hard rockets/bball fans would know this by now.

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Sure would be fun to watch the younger guys. See if they can be in our future plans. I'm willing to sacrifice wins for a younger core to build around.

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I wanted this plan during the shortened season, but I'm onboard for the full season!

5. Jman713

Jman713 Member

Take off ehite and put Parsons and u got a deal

6. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Why do people slate White at SF and Jones at PF. Their size and skill set are better suited at the other forward spot.

7. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

We have some pretty good young guys, IMO.

8. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I agree with the thread.

Scola and Martin can go for cap-space. I'd like to see Scola on a contender, out of respect. Morris should be let go of while he still has marginal value; we simply have better young players at his position, and he doesn't fit the plan. Lowry is the key - we need to net a high-quality asset for him, whether it be a young prospect (a C), a pick or whatever.

Terrence Jones may be the odd man out, but I like his game. I have a feeling he may be Donte Greene'd; thrown in a deal after a nice Summer League showing. With or without him, we have a great mix of talent, size and versatility at the 2 forward spots for the future in White, Parsons, Motiejunas and Jones (and Patterson if he gets back on track).

Like it's been mentioned, it may be key to keep a veteran to help lead these guys. I'd understand if Camby left to go to win, but him staying a few years (where he lives) would be great.

This year we can run with Camby-Motiejunas-Patterson-Jones-White-Parsons-Lee-Lamb-Dragic, and fill in whatever backup spots with young FAs. Then we should be able to grab a top C next year - whether that be Zeller (offensive), Noel (defensive) or another guy.

9. willieg52

willieg52 Member

I really believe this should be the directoin the organization should take since we can't land any big time FA (Howard, Bynum) And Dragic seems like he's leaving now and no one wants to be here. TIME TO TANK!!!

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is getting to where you can't even get a decent bobblehead collection because of the turnstile that DM runs around the Rockets.

At some point I would like to see some of the young guys stay a while and develop.

I am tired of "FLIP THIS HOUSE".....

DD

11. Possum

Possum Member

fixed it!

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Should have done this three years ago.

13. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Nerlens Noel, Cody Zeller, or Shabazz Muhammad ftw

14. willieg52

willieg52 Member

That's what I'm saying!

15. Happii

Happii Member

Seriously, why can't Morey stop with this fascination of being able to challenge the NBA title from mediocrity, when was the last time a team won a title at 8th place? It's either tank to get a top 3 pick or trade the WHOLE team to get a star. Look at New Orleans they lost their star, tanked and now they have a potential star (how easy was that?).

16. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Can you like trade Scola to the Thunder for Jones III and an expiring contract if we go in this direction?

17. lr22

lr22 Member

If you were a rookie, would you want to play with 2 other rookies in starting lineup to compete with NBA teams? If you were a HC, would you want to name 3 rookies on your starting lineup?
    This is not 2k, experienced guys are necessary for rebuilding teams.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Experienced guys are a dime a dozen.

And I mean a dime.

And I mean a dozen.

If you haven't noticed, this is a youth league and "experienced guys" are getting squeezed out. There are plenty of fading players who can be a wet nurse for pennies on the dollar. Get the right core of young players first, then worry about the "experienced guys"

19. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Forcefeeding minutes to young players when they're not ready can itself be detrimental to their development, especially when you surround them with other inexperienced players. It's an easy way to develop bad habits.

If you're just looking at this from the standpoint of tanking, it would work. But if you truly think that this is the best way to develop young talent, I have to disagree.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Not if you have a good coach - which, granted, we probably don't...

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this. I believe in on-the-job training. The best way to learn how to be an NBA player is to actually play in the NBA, not Europe or the D-league.