1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

'Toys R Us' is closing down

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Houstunna, Mar 15, 2018.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Same here. Really lamented the loss of the toy store, even if Toy R Us had a number of issues. Growing up I'd go to KB Toys a decent bit because they were in the mall. ToysRus was about a 25 minute drive, so it was a real special treat. They eventually moved to my town and I enjoyed taking my kids there. But their pricing tended to be high (though they would do some great sales) and price matching could be a hassle some times.

Still, the world needs toys stores.

TMac'n, Torn n Frayed and mikol13 like this.
  5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

This might be the best news since that Bowsette video.

Finally, rich people stopped trippin'!!!

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

They sold all of their stores. Hard to come back from that.

7. Buck Turgidson

8. Xerobull

Hasbro laying off people. This shows that there was a viable market for Toys R Us. The easy conclusion was that it was terribly managed. Thanks, Mittens!

Hasbro will lay off hundreds after Toys 'R' Us' closure
    By Chris Isidore, CNN Business

New York (CNN Business)Hasbro will lay off up to 10% of its employees, victims of the fallout after Toys "R" Us closed its doors.

The toymaker has not yet disclosed how many of its 5,400 global employees will lose their jobs. Just over half of Hasbro's staff works in the United States.
    "While some of these changes are difficult, we must ensure we have the right teams in place with the right capabilities to lead the company into the future," a company spokesperson said in a statement.
    Hasbro said the job cuts should save the company between $30 million to $40 million a year by 2020. Hasbro's sales fell 12% in the third quarter, a drop the company attributed primarily to the loss of Toys "R" Us. Operating profit fell 13% in the third quarter, though the company got a slight benefit from the new US tax law.

Struggling toy industry braces for next round in US-China trade war
    Hasbro, which makes Monopoly, Play-Doh, Nerf, Transformers and My Little Pony toys, also laid off an undisclosed number of workers in the first quarter. Most of those job cuts were outside the United States

Rival Mattel (MAT) announced it would cut 2,200 jobs worldwide in July because of Toys "R" Us' closure. The nation's largest toy store announced in March it would close all of its US stores.
    Toy makers are also bracing for the possibility of the United States imposing tariffs on toysimported from China. An estimated 85% of toys sold in the United States are made in China. The Trump administration has threatened a new round of tariffs that is expected to include most imports from China not already facing tariffs.
    Hasbro's (HAS) stock fell 7% in premarket trading.

Houstunna likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/money...-but-same-mascot-geoffrey-remains/1507832002/

[​IMG]

10. Xerobull

11. K LoLo

K LoLo Member