1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota center was packed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AzNaNsZ, Mar 15, 2008.

1. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

Man i wonder if people saw on tv as well man toyota center was FULL, usually u see the middle section empty but today it was packed im excited t osee this. I wish i could see the game live but i live in australia :(

2. TRAVLR

TRAVLR Member

Not only was it a good crowd from the numbers, it was a good crowd from the noise. I don't know how loud the second half sounded on TV, but it was loud at the game. REAL loud.....

3. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

Yeah, I was watching it on tv and I was surprised that people were in their seats when the game started. Good job fans! People need to keep it up.

I guess we'll see if it keeps up after the streak ends.

4. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

The camermen showed a lot of fine girls in the crowd!

5. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

That was easily the loudest regular season game I've ever heard. When the time was coming off the clock, that may have been about the loudest crowd I've ever heard. period. Deke was waving on the crowd and the place exploded.

(I didn't get to attend any games during the championship years.)

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Damn, so it takes a 21 game winning streak just to finally pack the place?

7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I don't have a voice today........and there WAS a lot of fine young thangs there.

8. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

EXACTLY what I was about to say. I was with the finest young thang there too ;)

9. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

Section 114 was loud. One guy from our group was 3 rows directly behind the Rowdies, he was standing and yelling during the 1st quarter and the guy behind him kept asking him to sit down. Luckily, the seats beside us were empty, so he came and sat with us. We had a great time in our Texans Battle Red gear.

10. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

man my voice is gone but very well worth it....aside from last years playoff games that was probably the loudest game i've been too....awesome just awesome :)

11. ABtheTerrorist

I was there up top in section 412. From what I saw, the lower bowl was more full than usual but still way too many empty seats, and especially for a record setting night on a friday during spring break.

12. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I can help you with that comparison. I caught a lot of games at the Summit during the championship years, and without a doubt the Target Center is louder. Much, much louder. They pack another 4000+ people in there than the Summit did, and the acoustics make it so that the chants and roars really resonate. It's nuts! :)

13. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I also like how suddenly I'm talking about the "Target Center" in Minnesota, unable to edit my posts. Oh well! :)

14. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

yeah i dont really post here that much, but i went to the game last night and it was CRAZY, if you were there and you saw that lil competition they had on the monitors about who this rocket player was ans it turned out to be aaron brooks, well where they were shooting the section at of that girl answering i was 3 chairs over :D

15. brooksstephens

see any celebrities there?

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

LOL ya! Drexler sounded like he was having a heart attack when Worrell would say we have a FINE crowd here 2nite. :D

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

my co worker was sitting behind Patti Labelle :cool:

18. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I was at the game last nite. It was a great crowd for Toyota Center standards. Only the playoffs have been better.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I was there too. It was nutz. Most of the seats were full at tipoff. And the crowd went insane in the 2nd half, especially in the 4th quarter. And it got so loud in the last minute that my ears were ringing.

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Are you sure she wasn't just an overweight black lady?