1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Center Warmly Welcomes Trump/Cruz

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 19, 2018.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Watching the live feed as "fans" cheer for policy bullet point talk is so cringe. What a bunch of losers. Who goes and screams their lungs out for "reform policy blah blah" and then you hear WHOOO!!!! OMG what a bunch of pathetic losers.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

John Oliver likes this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

These people would give you the shirt off their back.

John Oliver likes this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

R U SRS? Some of them may have charity in their hearts. I would doubt all of them do.
    I also wonder if I, a clean cut white guy, might get a shirt off their backs, but some other people would not necessarily get the same treatment.

Whatever. I actually don't have any problem with people who want to be involved in politics and get fired up for an election. It beats being disenchanted. My main issue is people that simply refuse to think about things because thinking is hard. That is super bad for our country or any society really.

R0ckets03, RayRay10 and tmoney1101 like this.
  5. jcf

jcf Member

Don't think you mean it is literally the definition of fascism. But if so, got to agree with HTM on this one.

6. ipaman

I was clear, it's fascist. Worshiping the state, party, ideology, etc... all fascist.

7. ipaman

Sure the people would because they are people who happen to be idiots for worshiping political figures as gods. These fake idols are the ones who hurt and hate them not me. Trust me I don't hate them, I'm sad for them.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Come on down the next time we experience a hurricane and see how we come together. Last year when those water rescues were occurring race did not play a role. I saw it with my own eyes. Houston is so diverse and we overwhelmingly get along.

cml750 and jcf like this.
  9. jcf

jcf Member

True on both sides, right? It is like the vast majority of the country has picked one "team" or the "other" and while not universally true, each side tends to demonize the other.

Some of the issues are incredibly complex and yet people seem content with a slogan or a black and white response to a really gray, nuanced issue.

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  10. jcf

jcf Member

Just Google the definition and the history of the term. It is not that simple.

Astrodome likes this.
  11. ipaman

It is for me. No good can come from full blooded, full throated, fully partisan, zealot, political worship. Mentally, emotionally, and physiologically it's identical to activism, militant, radicalism, extremism, and fascism.

jcf likes this.
  12. jcf

jcf Member

Let's not argue about it. There is apparently a lot of scholarly debate over what "facism" entails but I don't think it means just political worship no matter how zealous. If I worshiped the idea of true equality for all and a fair democracy, that wouldn't be facism.

But I get your point that tying yourself extremely to one view is bad. Fits with B-Bob's point that people should do their own thinking.

ipaman likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just saying what the modern left seem to think "facism" means, if you agree with them, that's on you.

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

15. RESINator

RESINator Member

Bunch of weirdos

tmoney1101 and ipaman like this.
  16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It gets much much worse

[​IMG]

John Oliver, Roc Paint and Astrodome like this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Ted got on his knees. . .and 'Thanked' The PResident

Ted is a total loser . . . .

Rocket River

B-Bob likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

OK, so it was a comedienne's tweet, and while funny, its the same point conservative SE Cupp makes...

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member