1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Center Experience/Mystique

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston288South, May 21, 2012.

1. Houston288South

How do you guys feel about our game experience at Toyota Center? We all realize it's hard to get fans there because our team is not doing well, but I'm sure really good players are attracted to NBA Arenas that are CRUNK! I would really like TC to have a little more of a mystique to give us a home court advantage.

These example include: in-game music, "Defense Sound Effects", Music during time-outs, etc? I personally think we need some NEW and UPDATED sound effects to make the game experience more exciting. I'm not saying we should use an organ, but something needs to happen.

I realize this topic might be very small to some of you, but i would love our organization to be a Champion in every way and that includes an exciting atmosphere.

I think there are a lot of other NBA Arenas that have Toyota Center beat. What are your thoughts please?

2. arjun

arjun Member

championship teams have championship type arenas with identity.

when teams are not contender level they automatically lose the mystique..for example, delta center (now energy solutions of utah jazz), Arco Arena..those arenas used to be INSANE..and had a true identity, now they have neither.

Lakers with the black out crowd,
    celtics with their green and square wooden floor,
    miami with their trend setting one-color shirt crowd of white or black, thunder/mavs with their bright arena and see of blue.

When Rockets reach that level our arena will have identity...identity of the red blaze. you won't see anything but RED

GO ROCKETS

3. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

play rap music

4. Know Your Role

I've been saying that to everyone I've met from the organization. I've yet to talk to one that would even know who to talk to. The PA announcer is incredible but the DJ is lacking. Remember when the team came out to 'Hypnotize' back in 2008-2009? Yeah we were the envy of the league for having the sickest beat. Now they play some generic white trash band song that I hate.

Hypnotize got everyone f'ing AMPED. Bring it back or bring back the Clutch City opening song from the 90's.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had a great time.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=196447

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Dump current logo, replace with Kanye-designed logo.

7. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

rockets do have a dj. if you enter the side where the tundra garage is, there is a dj right there. and i agree with the generic white crap songs. tc needs a variety of music to attract everyone.

8. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

They play rap music when they come out to warm up, but I hate the song they play during the video before the Rockets lineup is announced. They changed the tip off song a few times this season, but they stuck with this for most of the year.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/289HH-6ijws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'd prefer another tip off song, but this is OK for now, I guess.

Edit-This is the song they play during the highlight video, before the Rockets lineup is announced.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z8rQ575DWD8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#8 Ricksmith, May 21, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I miss the pre-game video montage set to the Crimson Tide theme...that was purely badass.

But winning really does cure all.

10. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

Yeah I hate Desire. I wish the lineup song was "The motto" by Drake. I like the beat.

Also, instead of playing "celebration" when we win, they should play another song like "all i do is win" like the grizzlies do.

11. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

1 more thing. I wish we do what the thunder crowd does. aside from how we (rowdies) stand up the whole game, the rest of the crowd needs to stand up until the rockets score their first point

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

This sounds like a survey from Winston Lin of the Houston Rockets.

I wish this could happen.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pDPQILYRFg8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First three minutes of the video. Freaking awesome. Crowd bursts into song. It's awesome. It can't just be any song, it has to be a certain song, that has that "it" to it. Will so never work in Toyota Center.

I wished they used the entire song instead of :31 to :34 of the song

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ka12hnyeo9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They did for the first few games, and I actually enjoyed it.

I'm fine with any rap song, except all rap songs are the same. Same ol cars hos moneys.

And the thing about All I Do Is Win is that, who doesn't play that same song. It's the same and generic thing. It's just newer.

Oh, and I hate Pitbull, so never play him anywhere.

Bottom line.

Winning helps.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

As long as we don't play Nicki Minaj or Justin Bieber, it should be fine.

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Boston and their floor, it's called Parquet. Back in the day, I believe Minnesota and Orlando both rocked it also.

And when Miami has their fans wear white, they didn't originate that, they stole it. Cause they're Miami and have only been around for 20 years, and when you're around for that long, you have to steal ideas.
    The original Winnipeg Jets came up with the idea after playing Calgary in the first round in a playoff series because they wore all red. (hey the Calgary Flames wore all red because it looked intimidating? Anyone know a basketball team that has red as their primary color?)
    When Winnipeg moved to Phoenix, they kept that tradition also. Hopefully, they're still doing it in Phoenix, I forgot to check out the games vs LA. I did watch vs Chicago, but forgot to check that.

15. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

Yes on the 1st one and hell no on the 2nd one

Minaj has some nice songs lately "moment for life" and "right by my side" are good songs. i hate bieber

16. Mr. Boombastik

ugh, i've spent the last 10 minutes trying to find a song I love hearing during the starting lineup...... Not sure its from the rockets..... Might have been back in the Compaq center days

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

hum it out on the keyboard.

18. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

you realize that the heat have horrile fans right? they struggled to sell out for years even as a playoff team. even a few patches of low attendence in the lebron era

19. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

I wish the Rockets would light up the pillars in the Toyota Center. It looked soo cool back in the opening day in 2003. I wish they can keep on doing that. Made the arena unique.
    [​IMG]

20. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Atmosphere is too subdued. The arena invokes sleep or boredom. Needs more bright lights, lasers, exploding stuff, great signature food, kid friendly atmosphere. Needs to emulate Astroworld on the inside or carnival type atmosphere. Reliant works because of the tailgating, BBQ, family, audience friendly open and raucous atmosphere. Has to create a feeling of a thundering boom like crowd potential. Now how you do that? Is the person in charges decision.