1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Center DJ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston288South, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Houston288South

Do we have a new DJ? I've noticed some different music and even hearing someone saying "DEFENSE" to get the crowd involved. Anyone else noticed?

2. dmxcrb

dmxcrb Member

Yes, DJ T. Gray

3. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Honestly, tonights crowd was not into it. Music off and the chants were hard to hear compared to past.... The Rowdies tried, but what a dud. No thunder clappers at free throws, no bricks. Really low level of involvement until the last 4 minutes of game. The bench players were trying to get crowd involved, but not happening. Best ovation for the Vet Heros.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Does the new DJ contribute to the increased "urbanization" of the Toyota Center?

5. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Did the new DJ take down the team mural at the entrance to Toyota Center? The team picture has been down for a while. Still seeing Howard and Harden at other entrances.

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

T-Gray has been there for a while now.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

As good an excuse as any...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X0s2vc3ATlM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

He was the original Public Address announcer before they kicked him to the curb. Then they got JP and he is waaaaaaaaaaaay better. And some how, Terrell Gray (Grey?) got another gig with the Rockets. He's still whack.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Oh, and the 24 second music is generic NBA stuff. Nothing special. But for this game vs Miami, they actually kind of changed it up. It sucked too. I don't know what they played in the first half. I missed the first half because I'm a bad fan.

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I've only had the luxury of going to the Toyota Center a handful of times. During those games, the crowd was invested in the outcome. However, this was during RonRon and Yao's time together.

When I watch our guys play at home on TV, there really seems to be a great deal of empty seats and something like "white noise" in the arena. Simply, it sounds too quiet in there.

Is that truly the case for those of you that attend games in person, or is it just a bad Fox Sports camera that I see the games through?

I hope the Rockets can start selling out more games in the future. :(

11. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

yea, DJ Gray was the public announcer around 2004? If I remember correctly, he was DJ on of the local radio stations but forgot which one. He was bad but not as bad as Maria Todd doing the Comets games.

They used him a few times last game vs. Wizards to hype a crowd, not sure if they used him previous 2 games since I missed those games.

12. Asian Sensation

Is that why we're so chopped and screwed?

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

We need Bun B to do dis.

14. Houston288South

Oh okay, gotcha! Well, I'm glad they are trying to at least do something to get the crowd more involved. It took us FOREVER to finally get to this point...

15. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

This every game... I promise
    The only time the crowd gets into it is if there's a tshirt toss or the space city seniors are doing they're thang.. Lol what a shame

16. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Worst home court crowd in the nba or in any sport actually l!!
    And will somebody please tell that dj to get his shii together with the volume. It'll sound good for a couple minutes then the volume will go low, too low, and then pick back up. Crank that mutha flipping music/ chants up!!!! I hate hearing people talk about they're personal problems instead of watching the game they paid good money for! Smh

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Our crowd sucks. The atmosphere is dead at tip off

When I go to games (section 108), I try get there by 6.15, go to the club west lounge, grab a beer and some popcorn for me and the lady and then get are at our seats by 6.30.

At the 7.10 tip off, almost 1/3 of the seats are still empty in the lower section. The entertainment during the game is ok. I actually like it. I have nothing to compare to as I have not been to any other NBA arena

18. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Str8 dead, I went to the Mav's game and I was like it's a morgue in here. I could clearly hear the ball bounce and Cuban yelling at the coach to hack-a-Capela.

19. syn

syn Member

This has been my experience EVERY time at the Toyota Center.

I reside in the Northeast. When you go to a Celtics/Knicks game, crowds are rabid. You can actually feel the energy in the arena. When I go to Rockets games, it's often completely dead. Complete night/day difference.

20. hvic

hvic Member

from what I can remember when I bought my season tickets is that a lot of the seats on the bottom row is sold but people just don't show up to the game. If they do show up, they are on there phone the whole time.