1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the second half of the Lakers-Nuggets Game 5 -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Toronto Star] Canadians accept mediocrity and that's what they get

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://www.thestar.com/sports/baske...olangelo-selling-raptors-fans-a-bill-of-goods
    David Feschuk is the black Jerome Solomon!

2. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Wow before i opened this i thought Queen Solomon got a job with the Toronto Star

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I guess now is as good a time as any to ask where this inside joke comes from?

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm going to wait for PointForward to chime in on this since he obviously knows what makes a mediocre team, well, mediocre.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Just a silly comment inspired by random comparisons made by fans and on NBA draft websites like draftexpress.com talking about how Player X is the "Poor Man's Player Y" "Broke Man's Player Y" or a "6'4'' version of Kyle Lowry."

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/John-Wall-1339/

I caught myself trying to think about what Chase Budinger can become early in the season and nd somehow thought of Joe Johnson (whose has differnt skills than Bud, obviously, like running the point) and thought both of them are big atheletic wins who can shoot both can shoot, and just thought the "Black Joe Johnson" would be a funny comparison.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Thanks for the elaboration.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Meh, I wouldn't mind Turk's contract... if Bosh comes along with him, and we don't have to give up much of anything else.

8. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Any fan probably wouldn't mind that, but Les would surely mind as hell.

9. Trip

Trip Member

Dave Feschuk is the number one hater out of the journalists in Toronto.

He was the one who ripped on Vince Carter when he was in town, Sam Mitchell when he was, and has written some negative pieces on Bosh as well.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

True, I wouldn't mind Wade's and LerBon's contract along with Yao's for next season. Git'r done Les!

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yeah we'll bring in $20+ million in contracts and send nothing back. Sounds like a plan!