1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 5

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JumpMan, Feb 8, 2006.

1. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

No Kobe?

2. dream2franchise

What do you mean? i didn't put lebron on my defenders list? unless you were referring to the top 5 list where the original poster said they all play good defense. In that case, no he's not the best one on one defender although he plays a different style of d (passing lanes, blind side steals) and he's too good to be out of the top 5, they guys averaging above 30, 5 and 5, give him some cred.

3. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

...your name wouldn't happen to be Rob Gordon, would it?

4. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

HAHA! Rob Gordon of NBA basketball, nice. :D

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Why do you rank TMac over Kobe and AI?

I don't get it..

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Kobe, AI AND LeBron.

7. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

how is KG overrated jumpman? that's just ridiculous.

8. JumpMan

Why not? He's keeping up stats wise with a bad back, he's the second most talented behind Kobe, the best mentally and that pushes him in front of Kobe, just watch tonight, you'll see. And you have already seen what he does to Lebron...

Now that you ask, I don't know exactly, I guess I'm getting annoyed by all the talk on why he isn't at fault for the Wolves decline, I don't think his do everything approach to the game is working at all, he's still too much of a perimeter player, and people want to trade Yao for him!

#28 JumpMan, Feb 8, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

for just this season and i guess last, steve nash is the best player in the nba. after amare went down i thought phoenix was shot but really they don't even miss him. if it was reversed and nash had been out all this time, phoenix wouldn't even be in the playoffs right now. he makes the sh!tty players look good and the good-great players(marion, amare) look unbelievable.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

kobe sure lacked in other areas last night. don't late your opninion of him the person affect your opninion of his game. he may not make his teamates better, but not close to your list of top players? that's silly.

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

In what areas is he lacking? No, he doesn't make his teammates any better but based upon an ability/skill standpoint, what doesn't he do well?

12. JumpMan

Thanks a lot T-Mac!

13. 101 6 7

101 6 7 Member

Phoenix is 7 games off last year's pace - and are barely .500 against the West; they been gettin' fat on the East.

They miss him.

Also;

Parker is now in the discussion of top point guards. His FG% is insane for a guy 6'2" - and his assists are up, as well; 20 ppg, 6 assists - 55% + FG% - and it ain't all because of Duncan. Last night 33 & 13 w/o Timmy.

14. droxford

droxford Member

After last night's crappy loss to the Lakers, I retract my statement.