1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 10 Nba Players At Every Postion .

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Yaniv, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Yaniv

Yaniv Member

I wanted to see the top 10 players at every postion so i thought that the best way to judge them is by the Vgm method so here are the results:

Coach:/Adelman /Nelson /Jackson /Saunders /Scott /Popovich /Karl /Wilkens /Sloan /Brown

5 /Shaq /Mutombo /B.Wallace /Zo /Camby /LaFrentz /Campbell /Divac /Miller /D.Davis
    4 /Duncan /Webber /Brand /Malone /O'Neal /Walker /Sheed /Fortson /Coleman /A.Davis
    3 /Garnnet /Dirk /Pierce /Marion /Shareef /Peja /Jordan /Gasol /Robinson /Hill
    2 /Kobe /T-Mac /Vince /Iverson /Allen /Stackhouse /Jones /Barry /Terry /Finley
    1 /Payton /Francis /Miller /Kidd /Nash /Cassell /Davis /Marbury /Van Exel /Brandon

It's nice to see that francis is the second best pg in the leauge .

2. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

5 /Shaq /Zo/B.Wallace /Dikembe Camby/LaFrentz /Cambell/Mutumbo/Divac /Miller /D.Davis
    4 /Duncan /Webber /Zermaine O'Neal /Malone /Brand /Wallace
    /Walker /Fortson /Kenny/A. Davis
    3 /Garnett /Pierce /Dirk /Marion /Jordan /Peja /Shareef/G. Robinson/Gasol/Hill
    2 Kobe/T-Mac/Vince/Ray Allen/Stackhouse/Allan Houston/Allen Iverson/Cuttino Mobley/Sprewell/Jones
    1 /Francis/Kidd/Payton /Nash/Miller /Cassell/Marbury /Davis
    /Van Exel /Brandon

3. Hydra

Hydra Member

I don't like any ranking that puts Brent Barry above guys like Mobley and Spreewell.

4. IluvtheLakers

IluvtheLakers Member

C
    1.Shaq
    2.Mutombo
    3.Mourning
    4.Divac
    5.Robinson

PF
    1.Duncan
    2.Webber
    3.Malone
    4.Walker
    5.Rasheed Wallace

SF
    1.Garnett
    2.Nowitzki
    3.Jordan
    4.St'kovic
    5.Mashburn

SG
    1.Kobe
    2.McGrady
    3.Pierce
    4.Iverson
    5.Carter

PG
    1.Kidd
    2.Payton
    3.Francis
    4.Nash
    5.Marbury

5. JAG

JAG Member

C) 1) O'Neal
    2) Mutombo
    3) Mourning
    4) Divac
    5) Robinson or Campbell, or Ilgaukus if/when he's ever healthy..Actually, if he's healthy I move him ahead of Divac......god this is an ugly bunch after O'Neal

PF) 1) Duncan
    2) Webber
    3) Malone
    4) Brand
    5) Walker and Wallace, and both would be higher if they weren't team-killers, in different ways..

SF) 1)Garnett
    2) Nowitki
    3) Marion
    4) Pierce
    5) Stojakovic
    I apparently like Marion a lot more than the rest of you...I'd almost put him ahead of Nowitxki, if I could have any one on my team.

SG) 1) Carter
    2) McGrady
    3) Iverson
    4) Bryant
    5) Allen

My version of this oft-covered argument. Clearly THE POSITION, when it comes to superstars...
    PG) 1) Kidd
    2) Payton
    3) Francis
    4) Nash
    5) Davis
    I think that this is the deepest position in the league, and the upcomong draft will just add to it...Guys like Miller and Marbury, talent wise, would easily have made the top 5 in every other positon except SG...

6. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So...there are losts of good pgs, sgs,sfs, but far fewer game-changing pfs and cs. What's interesting is to look at the relative vgm rankings of star players and see the drop-off in production. It's pretty significant, with the top tier in the 25-32 pts range, the second tier 22-25, and the third 20-22 and then a lot of ok journeymen. The production differential between a 13pt player and a 17 pt player is really insignificant. This tells me :

pay more for c and pf
    make sure your star is at least a 20pt player, if not at least a 22 pt player (see Antawn Jamison)
    The supporting cast doesn't matter. Replace any piece that showboats, ballhogs, or turns it over. Support your star in the frontcourt and the back with complementary pieces.

Remember these guys :

Shaq/Kobe (fisher)
    Garnett/Wally (brandon)
    Dirk/Nash (finley)
    Webber/Peja (bibby)

Do you see a trend?

How far away are we?

p