1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tom Petty and the Ticking Clock

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Jun 17, 2002.

1. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

Roxtxia,

LMAO!

:D

2. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

It's a simple question, really. Somebody make the case that ROCKET!!! knows what he's talking about. If Clutch steps up to the plate and vouches for ROCKET!!!, I'll pay more attention. Until then,....

3. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just a few quick snippets I found...but I remember more. Funny how stupid I am to have come to such a poor conclusion as the one from my earlier post.

Doc: It's done, boys. Ming's a Rocket!

!!!: Again, I think you've jumped the gun on this one. Everything I am hearing is contrary to this.
    his is a smoke screen. Doc, no offense intended, but if this is what people are telling you, I think you are being strung along or being used. It just isn't consistent with the 411.

Do you REALLY want Ming?
    My gut feel says this is not a good pick. I still want quality for this gift of a pick.
    From my sources, it looks like a decision has already been made. I pray they are correct. If so, we will

More Blather!!!
    Pump up the volume.
    The PR department is working overtime.
    I still don't think Ming is our pick. All indicators point otherwise. This goes back to Doc's and my conversation.

Troy's argument was that Francis would bolt if Ming was picked, dont remember anthing about the front office.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

5. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

8 days, 8 hours...

6. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

Interesting thread, Cat. Thanks. I especially liked the following portion of one of ROCKET!!!'s posts in that thread:

"TRG also hinted in another post that July 18th would bring plesant surprises just after talking about getting rid of Cato. Again, who knows?"

Could this be a source?

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wait a minute, ROCKET!!! quoted TRG on something?

I've been misled. (sniff)

If something TRG posted comes true, then I'll be stunned.

(PLEASE no one continue posting about TRG, an admin will lock the thread!)

8. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

But everyone must admit that ROCKET!!! keeps a lot of us entertained. But, a lot depends on what happens on Draft night. I really think that Ming is going to be a Rocket.

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

To quote Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber, "So you're saying there's a chance......"