1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To the Unvaccinated: Explain to me why?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Explain to me why you are unvaccinated? There is a way to keep yourself from getting very sick and maybe dying. People are willing to walk away from Millions of dollars (Actors, Athletes), their jobs, friends and family instead of getting a shot or two. Everyone has gotten vaccinated from disease their entire lives (mandatory for school), why fight this one so hard? Billions of people have taken the shots, there have been relatively few severe adverse reactions. You want the pandemic to end, but aren’t willing to do your small part. Why?

Is it Political? Trump?

Squirtle, adoo and dobro1229 like this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

IB4 the Elon Musk (unfunny) jokes from Tinman.

You're unlikely to get a serious answer here unfortunately, but it's a great question. Honestly I think we are owed it too. However you are unlikely to get any sort of real response because the data is overwhelming at this point that if you are a Trump voter, the chances you are unvaccinated go through the roof, and if you are a Trump voter it's also proven that YOU WILL DO ANYTHING to bring down Liberal Democracy, and you love chaos. I mean you wouldn't have voted for someone like that if you weren't willing to watch Democracy fall.

Yes there are those that are not Trumpers that are unvaccinated, and there are some non-political independents as well. Those folks have different reasons. People like Kyrie Irving aren't your traditional right wing people, BUT they are still impacted and swayed by internet fed conspiracy theories targeted at them to their own detriment.

So even if you aren't a Trumper you still might not be getting the vaccine because of that same toxic anti-democratic machine which I think it's pretty clear now is the primary driver for people not getting vaccinated, and leading to more death, and more variants, and more decline in our economy which they think will help them be put back into power.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...isinformation-trump-counties-covid-death-rate

Squirtle likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ll trade Wall for Kyrie
    In before LOF @dobro1229

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Imagine thinking I was just sooooo hilarious because someone called me out, and I called him A JEREMY LIN ONLY FAN.

Wow. What a put down that really makes a ton of sense too, and not out of nowhere. Man I wish God would have blessed me with that level of grandiose delusion of self.

jiggyfly and VooDooPope like this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

You’re an LOF brah

I’d still trade for Kyrie over wall

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm vaccinated, so I guess I can't help. But I know some non-Trumpers who won't and they've given my some inkling on their thinking.

One understands intellectually that the vaccine is good and wants everyone else to get it. But she has a visceral fear of putting things in her own body. She lives a healthy lifestyle, exercises and eats organic, etc, and is hoping that her good health will hold in the face of an infection.

The other has extreme silicon-valley libertarian ideals. He dreams of a blockchain-driven anarchic society in which there is no government, no fiat currency, etc. He insists on personal autonomy in which the government does not tell him what to do. So he home schools kids, he runs his own company, he avoids moving to states or countries that would require things of him. He won't get the vaccine because government and society is trying to pressure him into doing it.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

To many of those types and we end up in a dictatorship with no freedoms - they want a safe society but are unwilling to pay for it.....very selfish outlook, childlike in all honesty.

DD

8. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Beats the hell out of me, I'm with you... I've never understood the mentality or logic of those that do not want to get vaccinated. Got both my shots and the booster, and I feel like I'm doing my part. Along with wearing a mask a fair amount of the time. Just don't understand it.

Deckard likes this.
  9. marky :)

marky :) Member

I got my booster shot and whenever I walk past my smart T.V it loses internet connection now. Strange.

Deckard, ROCKSS, No Worries and 5 others like this.
  10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I'm a huge Trump supporter and I only got the vaccine because Trump said he got Pfizer. If it's okay with Trump it's good enough for me.

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I refuse to get the booster. Smell my breath MFers

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

There are some that truly believe in crazy conspiracies. Some just don't see the need given their relatively low risk of serious illness anyway.

Most common though, I just think they don't like being told what to do. The good news is most generally get over that initial need to be defiant.

Squirtle likes this.
  13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

So you trust the word of a pathological liar vs the science? Sounds about right…

Squirtle and VooDooPope like this.
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I'm getting the booster and flu shot Friday....with my youngest son (18).

Deckard and ROCKSS like this.
  15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

But Trump told me to get vaccinated. Seems like he agrees with the science.

“And you know what? I believe totally in your freedoms. I do. You’ve got to do what you have to do,” Trump said. “But, I recommend: take the vaccines. I did it. It’s good. Take the vaccines.”

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I would call these deaths the Darwin Award but they’re mostly probably past their propagation stage so their genes will live on.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

for many, remaining unvaccinated provides 100% protection against vaccine side effects and 99.XX% protection against any harm from COVID

a very rational decision

if your criteria for action/inaction is "I might die" without considering probabilities, you would never do anything

Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

If we trade for Kyrie, he misses games in San Francisco, New York and Toronto.

I'll take it for dumping Wall. And if Kyrie gets the virus, like all the NBA players getting it now, he'll just be out 10 days instead 365 days like Wall.
    @Os Trigonum

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Interesting.
    Fear. Appears to be the main one.
    Masked by Hyper Individualism

Not scared of needles but scared of their government

Rocket River

JuanValdez likes this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Either you fight tyranny in the early stages or you wake up in a FEMA camp.