1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TNT Players Only- Nate Robinson

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ferrari77, Mar 21, 2018.

1. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I have to agree. Bill is on a similar level to Nate, but he is on repeat with his commentary which can drive people nuts. At least Nate we don't know what he will say next since he's still new so there is some intrigue there.

cheke64 likes this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm not a huge Bill fan, but Nate Robinson should not be commenting on basketball games. His bias completely influenced the way he called the game. Fisher and Barry didn't really offer much either, in the way of insight.

You'd think a higher-up would talk to Nate at halftime, or in between quarters, to show a little more professionalism. But nope.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is incredibly embarrassing to see a supposed Houston Rocket fan post something like this.

Might as well be licking Karl Malone's nuts. More akin to that young, r****d rapper saying "Tupac sucks".

Clutchfans deserves better. :oops:

4. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Please, Bill Worrell is the embarrassment to the organization and to Rockets fans. He doesn't add anything inspiring, he has the same repetitive commentary, does not do his homework and thinks he can coast through a broadcast based on his prior knowledge of headline NBA stories from years ago. Listen to his play call after Harden dropped a 60 point triple double, he completely screws it up and this is a highlight that will be in Rockets marketing videos for decades and we will need to edit it out. Even the Rockets take the video broadcast and put CA over some historical moments when he was calling radio. People close to the team have said some things about Bill that could put us in a situation like the Mavs are in with Ussery. Not sure why you bring up Karl Malone, but seems like you're really on Bill's. Although from what people have said over the years, maybe Karl and Bill have more in common than you think.

#44 BallSoHarden, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    Jontro and cheke64 like this.
  5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

When do they replay it?

6. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Dude sounds like that annoying kid sitting behind you at a game

BallSoHarden likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I usually download it, but all the downloads are from the ATT feed with our home guys. I wanted the TNT feed. I had to record the NBATV replay. They had one this morning and one at 3:30PM. I don't think there are anymore TV replays unless you get it from league pass.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  8. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I'm not a fan of Nate Robinson's TNT commentary. I find Nate to be irritating in a similar way to college bball's Dick Vitale.

The one good thing I can say about Nate is that he's better than Reggie Miller. Reggie is about as interesting and entertaining as a nondescript tree on the side of the road. Yawn.

It's possible to be an entertaining, humorous, energetic, unorthodox, knowledgeable and insightful sports commentator without being obnoxious and over-the-top. Nate Robinson fails to meet that standard.

The entire TNT "players only" thing feels inept in its production values.

9. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

So now Bill Worrell = Karl Malone... Nicely done.

Bill and Calvin were two of the best to ever do it, and what you have written here is a disgrace to new and old Houston Rocket/Cougar fans alike.

dc rock likes this.
  10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I just want to make sure this post doesn't get lost.

Truly in awe of the lack of respect.

Little Bit likes this.
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Can we have a players only broadcast with only one type of players? Like one game with only chuckers, one game with only Hall of Fame big guys, one game with only replacement level scrubs?

BigShasta and peleincubus like this.
  12. Asian Sensation

I realize this is the Bill Worrell thread and all but...

As for Nate Robinson. I liked him a lot. He was different in a refreshing (keepin it real) way and his voice makes for cool delivery. Better than someone like Mr. Robot Chauncey Billups who I recently heard or Reggie Miller who were stuck with.

cheke64 and BigShasta like this.
  13. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Lol "lack of respect" coming from a guy who's handle is "RudyTBag" ok.

14. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I personally like the players only broadcast. It feels like you're watching with a bunch of guys at the bar

cheke64 and BigShasta like this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I felt like I was watching a greenspoint streetball pick-up game waiting for my next.

ramotadab likes this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lulz

#56 heypartner, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Nate Robinson has something personal hatred toward Mike D'Antoni, Nate and Mike were on the Knicks, bad times losing I think. Nate says during the OKC broadcast "Mike yelled so hard his moustache fell off" Does any professional broadcaster say those things against a coach.