1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TNT Players Only- Nate Robinson

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ferrari77, Mar 21, 2018.

1. hakeemthagreat

I like Nate. His approach is unorthodox calling games. You can see he's as passionate about basketball as we are sometimes. I'm mad they blacked out the NBATV broadcast in Houston

2. hakeemthagreat

You can't be from Houston talking like this

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

players only has always been a pretty bad idea and nate just sounds ridiculously dumb trying to commentate on a game. people want to hear actual substance, not nate acting like hes watching a pick up game at the fonde

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I thought he was kinda funny. I mostly like his reactions to plays. It comes off genuine like he's a fan watching the game, but at the same time he doesn't say the smartest things. Better than Bill Walton.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Idk what you guys are complaining about?

I personally thought Craig and Bullard sounded great last night...

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

See if you can get pre-game.

Shaq (playing Ernie role as MC) cuts off Isiah because he's talking way too long. I liked that. Poor Isiah seemed sad, and tried to justify. But he eventually did get in a good self-defam joke ... saying "aight, that's how it is. Don't pass me the ball tonight. I'm shooting it."

Os Trigonum likes this.
  7. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

I'm glad someone else felt that way. Except for Brent Barry (who - meh), it seemed the crew was almost openly cheering for the blazers.

Lilliard with a layup in the fourth: "IT'S DAME TIME!!!!!"
    Never scores again rest of the game.

Also, after the game I found the Inside the NBA bucket of crapola unbearable. I had to mute it to be able to enjoy the highlights. Just brutal. Unlikeable commentators, oil-and-water forced chemistry and listless, lazy commentary/analysis devolving into everybody talking over each other and then the inevitable unintelligible guffaw-fest at some joke 4th graders would roll their eyes at.

cerophilik likes this.
  8. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Lol seriously? I would take Bill over tnt player announcers any day. I would even listen to okc or Boston announcers over them.

I was glad I had the Rockets Feed this game.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  9. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea

I watched inside the NBA and unbearable to me too. I rewatched the game with TNT and I just skimmed thru it. I watch the full highlights too but I like rewatching to see what happened and who made what adjustments or who made a mistake.

It was a good game but refs help the Blazers get close again after those Harden plays. Harden never gets a continuation on those plays. Lame Dillard hadn’t gather the ball. And he got 3 free-throws. They should have reviewed that play.
    Also If Harden has made all his free throws we would won by double digits.

Anyone know the link or where I can read the Last 2 minute report.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I can't find the TNT replay. someone help me.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nate's performance is comparable to Fergie's national anthem.

BamBam likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

TNT was tired of people complaining about how incoherent and awful that Shaq and Barkley often were, so they decided to make the show 100x worse to show everyone just how awful and incoherent things can get.

Roc Paint likes this.
  13. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

CP3's offensive rebound at the end of the game was assisted by a push in the back, so it all evens out.

14. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Compared to reggie miller, he's the best broadcaster in the history of sports.

Zboy likes this.
  15. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Which the commentators took great pains to repeatedly point out.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I absolutely love him.

He keeps it real.

What I hate are people like Derek Fisher, Greg Anthony, and Reggie Miller, folks that are just as dumb but pretend to sound really intelligent.

Nate Robinson does not sugar coat things and says it like he sees and feels it.

He is dumb and proud of it and I am proud for him.

17. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

They aren’t gonna call a push on the back the last seconds of a game. Specially not on Cp3, not on a rebound and not on a smaller guy against bigger guy. Aminu didn’t get the rebound because he misjudged his jump. He jumped too early and near the basket.

That was a foul on Dame but it shouldn’t have been 3. It was under a minute so they could have reviewed it. The foul call was right but Harden doesn’t get those calls, the league changed the continuation in those 3 point attempts.

I’m just commenting this because it is not just Damian, Westbrook got like two against the Raptors, Durant and Curry got continuations against the Wolves, Lou Williams got it against the Blazers and I seen it on other games too. The referees need to be consistent with those calls if they modified the rule or is that rule only applied for Harden?

18. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Don’t care what anyone says. Love Nate Robinson. Dude is hilarious.

He is literally the highlight most of the games.

Wapzoe likes this.
  19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't mind it too much. It's almost like a buddy sitting next to you watching the game. But that pitch .... plus DFisher... got me switching after half time.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I did enjoy his "UHHHH" anytime Harden hit a step-back 3, but I wish he wasn't so goddamned bias. Last time we got him, it was against OKC, and he LITERALLY referred to the Thunder as "we". This time, it's against Portland, and I guess because he's from near there, and because Dame is another small guard playing among the tall trees, he feels connected to them?? Either way, Players Only needs to die a violent death. It's horrendous.

Killatron 2000 likes this.