1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMZ: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jan 26, 2020.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I can't really blame the nba for not cancelling more games. Grief, tragedy.. life happens to everyone... Some will work through it, while others will take time. Some fans/players will take a break from the game while others will find solace in it.

It should be a personal decision either way and imo opinion the nba (in most cases) shouldn't unilaterally decide for everyone.

As many of the players who knew him stated yesterday, kobe would have wanted them to ball.

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  2. the shark

the shark Member

Who said it means "nothing"?

If you feel the need to bash the man obviously I can't stop you but is this thread the place to do it when it's only been a little over 24 hrs since he passed away??

3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Audio confirmed, she said the N-Word. Next time I'll save myself arguing with a fool like you

Slimfa likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup basically a man who was taking his daughter to basketball practice died
    Who wasn’t a perfect person but far from Hitler or Pol Pot

they did to Michael Jackson too
    @Reeko

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

now slow it down to 1/4 speed, and u can hear the word Nakers...bye fool

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

7. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Did anyone see this?

In 2017, the Los Angeles Times reported that Bryant had once played a trick on Lakers GM Rob Pelinka involving a helicopter, ordering the pilot to pull military maneuvers and shut off the engine midair.

“My life was flashing before my eyes,” Pelinka told newspaper. “I almost had a heart attack. Kobe’s just sitting there calm and collected.”

If Kobe can tell the pilot to do these types of things while in mid-flight. It is very possible he told the pilot to get us there ASAP even with the weather conditions not being ideal.

TMac'n, gatsby, Bearded13 and 2 others like this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Definitely agree with you that the death of children is a greater tragedy than the passing of even great/accomplished adults. It's the juxtaposition of a life fulfilled/realized vs a life full of promise/potential cut short.

Regarding the issue of Kobe's indiscretions/failures/controversy, it's a part of his story. It's fine to acknowledge ones transgressions, in fact Simmons and Shelburne both mentioned the issue during their individual podcasts... And did so in a perfectly appropriate and respectful manner. Not interjecting their own assumptions or judgement or justifications.

It's about having some sense of time and place and most importantly having enough respect not to cast opinions as fact and aspersions as truth. Using a forum/time for grief and remembrance to stand on a soapbox arguing and grandstanding isn't right imho.

#829 blahblehblah, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

By N-Word do you mean “Nakers”, because that’s what I’m hearing. I mean, it’s very clear from that audio loop, so I’m surprised if others are hearing something else.

Caesar and Sajan like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

say the word “Los Angeles Nakers” out loud...if u are looking to be offended, and also have zero common sense, it will sound like Los Angeles N*****s” to u, and u will believe it...if u can actually think tho, u will realize that only someone who is historically dumb would say the n-word live on national TV, and say it when talking about someone like Kobe and his daughter’s death...then all u have to do is play that video at a reduced speed and it becomes clear that she said “Nakers”

dude literally posted evidence in my favor and wants to act like he won something...lmao

I will be the 1st to call out a racist since they are the scum of the earth, but people need to actually use their head

Twitter and other forms of social media are on her ass tho, so if she lost her job, it wouldn’t surprise me

BigM likes this.
  11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Some people trying their hardest to find a villain in all of this and it's a shame she became a target. Luckily there's been a lot of people having her back, even some I've seen before jump quickly at calling something racist. She won't get fired but they'll take her off air for a little while

BigM likes this.
  12. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I mean it's in slow motion and you can hear the G-G-E-R clear as day. Unless theres a silent g in Nakers

13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Have a her back? She's a racist troll

14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

He’s also flown on the thing hundreds of times. I’m sure he’s probably flown through worse, maybe becoming a little too comfortable. At the end of the day though it’s the pilots call. We have to wait for the reports come out before we really know what happened. I don’t think right now is the right time to place the blame on anyone until all the facts are known, and even then, I don’t think it’s going to make anyone feel better.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dude, we get that. Kobe is not a saint. I didn't like him. I think he was an arrogant prick. I think he got away with a criminal act with that girl because he was a rich star. But there's no indication that he was a serial sex predator like Weinstein and Cosby.

Kobe is now being portrait as a hero. That is expected. He was a superstar. He did accomplish some good things for young people. There are many fans blindly worship him. This happens to all superstars whether you like them or not.

What you and a few here don't get is that this is NOT the time to talk about it. It is a tragedy. This is a time to mourn the death of not just Kobe the star but a loved one to his family and friends. It is even more obvious when this tragedy involves other people whose lives mattered too.

Do you understand why people don't talk about a person's bad things when he is being memorialized? If you don't understand, then I pity you. The only people who do not deserve this kind of decency are real evil people who did tons of evil things to tons of people. Kobe, as much as I disliked him, was not that.

Richie_Rich, malakas and GIGO like this.
  16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

A hard G and K are virtually audibly indistinguishable, in this context. If one wants to hear “nickers” as “niggers”, that’s what they will hear.

Imagine, for a moment, if she got caught in between saying Knicks and Lakers, which after all is what she is saying happened. Does that not resemble the sound you’re hearing?

BigM likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is why I can’t stand ignorant idiots like @rocketchamp

I predict he’ll double down on his stupidity instead of being a man and just admitting he’s wrong and take the L...the latter might gain him an ounce of respect, but the former is what u come to expect from all these fools that can’t think...there’s all these rocketchamps on social media, it’s such a shame

play that vid at 1/4 speed and tell me she still called Kobe the n-word rocketchamp when the word she’s saying clearly starts with the letters N and A, or better yet, just admit u jumped the gun in your rush to feel offended

BigM likes this.
  18. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

No lol. It's not even close to Nakers. She needs to be fired immediately. Maybe she's a alt right Trump supporter, or a far left racist feminist. Either way saying the N-word & making lame excuses should be unacceptable

19. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

I am not a federal prosecutor, but I am sure those are NOT his own words alone. Do you honestly believe it was not an agreed-upon statement by both parties? How much input did the prosecution insist to include in that statement? The statement reads like it's trying to accommodate each side. I am most likely wrong since I haven't even had a whiff of a courtroom.

Tsk, I was trying to avoid nook and malakas' take on this (not the case itself - but to talk about it in this thread.) I'm a sucker.

Bearded13 likes this.