1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ] Derrick Rose Accused of Gang Rape

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by matty101, Aug 26, 2015.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Did your sarcasm detector break?

2. VanityHalfBlack

Houston, wins!!! Beat that Chicago and your pizzas and stuff!!!:p

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Sounds pretty damn believable based on the detailed nature of the indictment.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who knows if there is any truth to this or not. I wonder how people feel so comfortable being so sure on way or the other.

Regardless of wheather it is true or not - seems really hard to prove at this point.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

A warning to those with excess means that want live out their sexual fantasies. Always get have the participants sign a waiver while being taped and make extra copies to confirm.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

And tape the gang rape, and make extra copies available.

Assuming consensual gang rape

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

For me to believe it was Rose I'd have to see a video of him crossing over and dunking on her, two forms of government ID, a police officer there to verify the whole thing, four or five of my buddies and Benny the Bull taking notes, and Rose's grandma to confirm his identity.

8. marky :)

marky :) Member

How can he do a gang rape without any knees!?!??

Defense rests its case.

9. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

If it is all made up, then why involve other people. I'd think it would be easier to sue and win if you just accuse Rose and no one else. If one of these other guys has a solid alibi or other defense, then the whole case is blown up.

10. Indaface

Indaface Member

my favorite part is how her friend started off by giving Rose a handy, yet later on she is upset because she supposedly catches them kissing later on.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The plaintiff is not unknown. Her name is Jane Doe.

- Texanasiafan

1 person likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Jane Doe seems to find her way into the news a lot. I don't trust her.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

"Gold digging" is a real thing - that's why there's a term for it. :cool:

In a case where (as far as we know) there is a 50% chance of gold digging.... I can see why comments about it might be predictable.

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

bahahahahahahah

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

16. Nook

Nook Member

This is serious for both Rose and his friends and the alleged victim.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Good point. Rose literally gets lubricating knee injections that also numb pain prior to most of the games these days.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't know... I read it and none of it sounded believable in a normal way.
    of course, if true, it's clearly not normal.

For example, referring to her roommate (D.), who comes in: "but the man appeared intent on coming in, presumably to rape her as well. D. was able to slam the door shut. She then turned her fan on as she usually does and went to sleep." Earlier in the paragraph it talks about how when she comes in there was a man she didn't recognize in the living room. So it paints a picture of Jane Doe's roomate coming home, seeing a man she doesn't recognize, going to her room (without saying, hey, who are you!?!?), having this man try and forcibly force his way into her room, pushing him back, and then going to sleep... um, ok. maybe in this bizarro world they live in.

Then there's the part where she has very little recollection of what happened (because of the incapacitation by drugging).. but, "however, Jane does recall brutal details of the rape."... ok...right.

then there's Jane Doe consistently pointing out how conservative she is, and sexually "limited", but also apparently having multiple friends that seem to be completely the opposite (sex therapist friend, for example), while making some strange decisions ... eg. continuing to acquiesce to Rose's requests such as come over with a friend effectively "to get down" when she knew this was what the relationship was about.

I'm not saying what did or didn't happen. It certainly may very well have happened. People are different, she might really be super naive and dumb. Rose might be a scumbag... who knows.

But I didn't read it and find it make the accusation stronger.

I'm not sure why this is hard to believe. I don't think Rose is saying a lot of what she says is false. He's just saying he didn't drug and rape her. The rest of it could be true for all we know...

20. Nook

Nook Member

I think the complaint makes her story more believable (and I do this for a living) because it involves a number of people and communication, that can easily be proven or disproven.