1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ] Derrick Rose Accused of Gang Rape

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by matty101, Aug 26, 2015.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

All the gold digger replies were completely predictable.

2. Nook

Nook Member

#1 Read the complaint, it is only about 20 pages... it spells a lot of it out.

#2 We don't know if she has or has not spoken to the police.

#3 The burden of proof is lower for a civil suit than a criminal suit.

#4 I have no idea with Derrick Rose raped this lady. All I am saying is that it is not that uncommon for a woman raped, especially by a boyfriend or husband to not report the rape. Bill Cosby supposedly raped a number of women that never filed a police report. There are a variety of reasons that a rape victim may decide to not file a rape report.

#5 Why file now? She supposedly eventually lost her job as a result of the rape, has undergone lengthy therapy and continues to have problems.

#6 We will be able to figure out fairly quick if this is a completely fabricated money grab. She is claiming a lot of facts in her complaint, and in the discovery process it will be learned if the claimed text messages and witness statements and treatment really took place.

#7 She is represented by a reputable attorney, so she should have already had her story somewhat investigated.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I'm not going to go victim blaming considering Derrick Rose's well known low moral character.

4. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Some of the details in that lawsuit document posted by J.R are grisly AF. I'd like to hope that it isn't true and just an elaborate lie, but if true D. Rose is a straight up scumbag.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I wonder if Rose will actually fight the suit or settle to avoid the whole legal mess. I hope the suit goes to trial so the truth will come out.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Unfortunately we all know it will be settled out of court. The file JR posted is detailed and sick enough that, if all true, Rose will pay up quick and fast.

Derrick Rose is a sick human being.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Thanks for the insight. This is one of the areas where I have no ****ing clue what to think.

I do know that he'll likely settle because 2 years is a lot of garbage to bring up and put on public record regardless of guilt or innocence. Like Cos, if it ever went far, ability to get Rose on the stand would probably be a good indicator of guilt or innocence even if the public never knows.

Unfortunately, I'm giving Rose the benefit of the doubt more than this unknown plaintiff.

8. Nook

Nook Member

He should get the benefit of doubt. She has the burden of proof.

9. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Every Rose has it's thorn, Jane Doe is that thorn.

10. frontline94

frontline94 Member

the question isnt whether rose is being sued, its's whether something as unfortunate as this actually happened

11. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I don't know of course, but I think he did it from reading that document. I feel OK saying that cuz I don't think my opinions affect Rose any. Just for the sake of discussing it, I will come out and say I believe he did it. That document is so detailed. I thought the 2 year wait would kill her chances, but there appears to be a few individuals who can testify and corroborate her story.

Just depresses me more about society these days. Seems like you're either an animal with no morals or a religious nut. There doesn't seem to be a lot in between unfortunately.

12. Classic

Classic Member

so....will Morey buy low?

1 person likes this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, if it makes you feel any better, there is a "both" category, like ISIS and some other extremists.

But on a happier more serious note, I think plenty of us are in between the two categories. Even a lot of people in the NBA are between the two categories, but they just don't make headlines with their off-court business. "Player Bill stayed home and played video games again. Film at 11!"

1 person likes this.
  14. VanityHalfBlack

These accusations could either bury a man or rise from the ashes like a phoenix. With his knees and condition as of late, this dude's career is FINISHED!!!!!!

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose on Thursday denied allegations that he sexually assaulted an ex-girlfriend in Aug. 2013, saying in a statement issued to USA TODAY Sports that he is innocent.

“I am just focusing on staying healthy and getting ready for the season,” Rose said in the statement. “I am not going to comment other than to say – I know the truth, and am confident I will be proven innocent.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ns-sexually-assaulted-ex-girlfriend/71283196/[/rQUOTEr]

16. Ohreally

Ohreally Contributing Member

Was it a white girl?

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Rose is talking to Chris Carter right now in order to come up with a fall guy.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rose statement: &quot;I'm just focusing on staying healthy and getting ready for the season. I'm not going to comment other than to say: (cont.)&quot;</p>&mdash; K.C. Johnson (@KCJHoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/637064126716620800">August 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

James Harden about to be the face of Addidas - if you thought the Under Armour commercials were excessive with Curry - now that D. Rose is allegedly a rapist - We are about to see non stop commercials of the Beard.

20. MD_in_Training

What low moral character?