1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Titans Ravens Game

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by SFrancis3, Jan 7, 2001.

1. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

You can not blame Del Greco for this loss. If you are going to blame the Titans, blame their lineman who blocked (or tried to) on Del Greco's field goal attempts.

------------------
    "Blues is a Healer"
    --John Lee Hooker

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Special Teams can shoulder some blame
    [not the blocks or missed but to allow the
    man to run it for a TD is inexcuseable.]
    and the one blunder on the Offense
    hurt BIG TIME [int by Lewis]

The defense played strong enough to win but
    did not do anything *special* to win

Everyone needed to Step up
    The Ravens D and Special Teams did and that
    was the difference.

Omen RIver

------------------

3. Scarsdale

Scarsdale Member

I live in Nashville, and actually went to the game on sunday. It was Bud Adams birthday, and the crowd cheered as they showed him on the jumobtron and wished him happy birthday. I think I was the only one booing.

------------------

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Scarsdale, what else did they show on the jumbo tron. Billick was saying we were putting up all kibds of stuff on the tron. Including stuff the Ravens were saying. He looked really mad at halftime.

Shannon Sharpe mentioned later, that everything they said we said, we said. It's all true. That's what we said.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

[This message has been edited by PhiSlammaJamma (edited January 11, 2001).]

5. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

The bottom line is that the Ravens won that game. They beat the Titans at home. This gives the Titans two very good rivals in their own division (i.e. Jaguars and now the Ravens). I hope the Raiders crush the Ravens this Sunday.

Back to Del Greco. He has one year left on his contract. Coach Fisher stated after the game that he is still a big Del Greco fan. Come the start of camp next season Del Greco will have competition. His spot is far from being guaranteed which has always been the case the past 5 (or so) years.

------------------
    Titan's fanatic!!!!

It was the first time the Titans sent an offense to the line of scrimmage with Eddie George in the backfield behind McNair to go with Wycheck at tight end and Carl Pickens, Kevin Dyson and Yancey Thigpen at wide receiver.

So many choices, with a full season still ahead.

"I think that might be scary for a defense," Dyson said.