1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tire Shops?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by platypus, Apr 27, 2014.

Tags:
  1. platypus

platypus Member

Any one know any good Tire shops that they recommend? I'm in the market for some new tires, Job has me driving to Deer-Park every day and I haven't changed my tires since i bought the car.

Any recommendations are helpful, If anything I'm considering buying a set from Tire Rack and having my buddy install them at his shop. But if there Is a cheaper option I'd like to know.

Thanks CF! :)

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

If you have a buddy with a tire shop why the hell are you asking us?

3. platypus

platypus Member

Was looking for different options, why are you mad?

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Discount Tire has always been good for me. I like the service and free tire rotations. Also I've gotten pro-rated discounts if the tire goes bad, even without warranty.

1 person likes this.
  5. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

6. Bandwagoner

I'm not mad. I am a little jealous because I hate tire shops. They either stink up my car, spin the tires for fun, or just attempt to rip me off all the time. If I had the option of going Tire Rack and a friend I would be all over it.

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I've never gone wrong with Discount Tire ..and their free replacement (w/ certs) have definitely paid off for me several times.

1 person likes this.
  8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I'm no big fan of walmart but generally their tire prices are amongst the lowest.

Ask your buddy for xyz tire and then call walmart and see.

1 person likes this.
  9. Bandwagoner

This reminds me that Sam's and Costco have good warranties. When I last ordered tires Sam's could not order pirelli but I didn't check Costco.

1 person likes this.
  10. platypus

platypus Member

Thanks guys!

11. Poloshirtbandit

Is there any Discount Tires in the area open past 6? I've liked them but I get off work at 6 so it's always hard to get in. I've had to go to NTB, I hate them but they're the only ones open when I've needed to go.

12. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Mejj tires, doubt if I'm spelling it right though. Most everyone at my job goes there. Around the Deer park area also.

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I don't think I would recommend Firestone. Came in with a front passenger flat and was willing to replace the other one, they tried to upsell all four and added a bunch of BS discounts. I really didn't want to spend over a grand based one flat, so only asked to get the front two replaced, all the discounts went away and I was paying $800.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Discount Tire ftw breh... I usually take my business there. Other places will rip you off.