1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to trade Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Terrible efficiency and plays timid. No signs of progression.

pippsux, Tankeio and Rolliepollie like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

This scrub has no value, we can trade him for 2nds

Risingred and Rvo384 like this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, he is never going to live up to the 2nd pick, come on down Cam Whitmore.

DD

charlieaustin, Tankeio, fattz and 3 others like this.
  5. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

12 points on 14 shots lol

6. Sengun

Sengun Member

Just put it to trash. Nobody give anything for him.

7. cazyapma

cazyapma Member

If he's not gonna show himself in a very important game, when will he?

8. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I have hope that Cam is our future 2 guard. Dude can't be worse than Green

dfbreyes, Sonicbun8 and Rvo384 like this.
  9. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

And they really don’t need to see much more. This is year 3 already.

Sonicbun8 and bluffkin like this.
  10. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

This is exactly how I feel. These posters can GTFO with the 21 year old bs.

Dude is an NBA Vet at this point, no growth, no improvement in ball handling or shooting. He is who he is and he clearly has no desire to improve

napalm06 likes this.
  11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I wouldnt mind at all if they moved him for some value, but if they dont im fine with that also.

Ive recalibrated my expectations for Jalen and to me his ceiling is a pretty good role player. I dont expect him to lift this team up in games but if hes having a good scoring night its just a nice boost.

Unfortunately Rockets still need to search for a guy or two to pair with Sengun.

Jabari is coming along well. Yr 3 jabari imo will far eclipse yr 3 Jalen. So i think we've got a good front court brewing.

I think Amen will be a more valuable player than Jalen also and really i think Cam has more to offer than Jalen as a prospect as well.

So I dont think Jalen has to be moved, but if hes here i think hell need a reduced role because we cant rely on him.

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

They really need to start considering giving him some minutes.

13. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Please, get Sengun a legit perimeter player and we can be good. Jalen is inconsistent, throws up terrible shots and has terrible turnovers. Sengun should be touching the ball every single possession but if Jalen touches it a shot is going up.

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

He should come off the bench before any trades happen but at this point Stone better not ****ing give him that max rookie extension or this franchise is done for the 2020s.

Doubt Pistons take it but we should trade Jalen for Ausar and start Whitmore. Our bench unit spacing will be absolutely terrible but I believe in the twins on improving and they have really good chemistry together. Sengun is also amazing at passing to high IQ cutters.

Y2JT likes this.
  15. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

The Mavs scored 37 points in the 4th. Luka was absolutely cooking the Rockets. Green didn't have his best game but he had a huge defensive play when it was needed and for some reason Holiday decided to to slam the ball to the Mavs.

Tuckmose and majicdonjuan like this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Can't we at least trade him after a good game you doofuses

it's a little thing I learned on wall street bets called sell high brehs

17. IVFL

IVFL Member

You would have thought Jalen had 10 turnovers, kicked a puppy and then shot Hakeem’s mom the way some of you are talking. Had less turnovers than Alpi, made a higher percentage from the floor than FVV and had a higher +/- than everyone not named Tari. But it’s all his fault we lost.

I miss the days when people were fans of the team rather than a specific player. They get tunnel vision and can only see the bad by players that they feel are some kind of threat to their favorite player. Juvenile.

Here is the truth, we will get zero respect from the refs because we are a “starless” team. The only way we win on the road is by beating them by 10+. Otherwise we are going to get homered by the refs. Just like our last 4 road losses.

Smacktle, Streakshooter, Bo6 and 9 others like this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Jalen is just weak - he isn't a winning player, he is a guy that when things are going good is a good player, but when challenged he folds like a cheap tent.

DD

19. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Yall cry too much. Like when are we going to get over blaming everything on one player. The guy made 2 good defensive players on their 2 best offensive players down the stretch. If rockets come up with the lose ball on either (especially both) of his stops they may win. Instead they gave up 5 points on 2nd chance attempt.
    He also made the right call in getting a better look for Jabari.

Listen im not saying he had an amazing game but come on all his wieners always complain about his defense and he came through in the end. The Rockets chose (correctly) to go to senguin and green did not hang his head

This annoying new thread when he has a bad game and then the annoying rebuttals when turns around and has a good game is just so tiresome. We have a good team who collectively played well and could have won if the ball broke for them a few times just enjoy the improvement

20. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

He’s a chucker who has no handles as a SG

charlieaustin, GotGame15 and DaDakota like this.