1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to be honest.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fansince80, Mar 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. rocketblood713

Of course Adande and big Apu think we won't win and even though we suck right now there's time to fix it and plain and simple we need D12

2. Andrew Li

Andrew Li Member

Meet LA means bye-bye to this season. Paul will beat Bev to death and Griffen/Jordan will grab every rebound. :(

3. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Best post in this thread. The season is 82 games long and the only thing that matters is that we make it to the playoffs. We know for a fact that the NBA will want to stretch every series to 7 games. Which means they will try to keep the games close. Which means, we have have just good a chance to win as any.

4. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Morey failed big time by opting for cap flexibility instead of getting us a quality player. It looked like Morey was good at surrounding Tracy and Yao with role players, but im not so sure any more. The guy is all about money and what his little stats tell him.

5. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

Knee jerk reaction with a max player out for half the season after we lose two road back to back games?

Good boy.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

People are just nervous as they should be. I thought the Clippers wouldn't be a threat in the standings once they lost Griffin, but they've won a lot of games I didn't expect them to. And I figured the Spurs would right the ship with the light schedule after the Rodeo Road Trip, but it's still scary to see how close they are right now after being mired in 7th for so long.

Couple that with the blown opportunities to clinch tiebreakers over Memphis and Portland which makes the 2nd and 3rd seeds even tougher to lock down and it's looking like we're headed toward a first round matchup with either the Spurs or Clippers and possibly without home court advantage. It's not crazy to have a knee jerk reaction with that prospect staring at us.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

To be honest, we have a good chance of getting bounced in the first round again this season, especially if we fritter away HCA, which is looking likely.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly . . . . I hate to see our guards and wings get into the lane .. . mere 3 ft from the basket
    only to have the throw it out for a three pt brick

Rocket River

9. BleedsRocketRed

Its not a knee jerk reaction with 25% left of the season and the Rockets are blowing opportunities they clearly need to capitalize on.

10. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

The only time we lose games is when we are out rebounded and by second chance points, which will all end when dwight is back. I trust DMo does better playing backup

11. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Have you not looked at our current roster?

And what do you mean get a quality player? He offered melo and bosh a max who were kinda the only big names out this offseason. Is he suppose to pull a all star out of his ass?

Ya and by being all about the money we went from have almost dead last rating in our bench to the top 5 by getting terry/brewer/smith

Or maybe you want him to be like Cuban and sell your bench to afford a max for rondo and parsons

STFU

12. Normalus

Normalus Member

good jinx thread, will read again tho :rolleyes:

13. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Member since 2014 of the BLB Club
    Bring.Lin.Back

14. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Now I know why Morey likes McHale. He's using McHale to recruit players. (There's a rumor in the cyberx thread we 're going for KLove in the summer.)

Yikes! Morey is doing the coaching, while McHale is doing the recruiting. :confused:

No wonder we're headed for another 1st-round exit.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Two biggest fears:

1. McHale will continue being McHale.

2. Even with Howard (80% healthy?) back, opponents will just say "The heck with Howard, we will just shackle Harden and dare the other players to beat us."

Have you seen how heavily dependent on Harden we are? That's why a Dragic or another PG who can at least shoot or pass at the trade deadline would have been huge.

16. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I like mchale cause he's a players coach and players always talk about loving him

17. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

rockets are physical and mentally not tough enough. they are talent enough but we don't have the right coach to use that talent effectively.

18. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I worry about harden more than anything mentally. I just folds, just like the reason I'll never compare lebron to MJ or kobe. They would mentally eat him alive in the playoffs. Lebrons finals career has always been laughable to me

I think terry/ariza/brewer/smith /howard are gonna perform well in the playoffs.

Anytime harden has national televised games sometimes under performs

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

80% of the time, it works every time. Day in and Day out. Like clubbing baby seals.

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Well, it's bound to happen when the whole opposing team is geared to stop him. Then it depends on him making the correct pass and teammates stepping up.

If no one does, then he tries to carry the team. Against playoff-bound teams, it's getting harder and harder.