1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time for Carlos to start!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Live, Mar 23, 2001.

1. Live

Live Member

As evidenced by the past few games, it's time for Carlos to replace Cato at C.

He may be undersized, but at least he will give a good effort.

Thoughts?

------------------

2. jamma34

jamma34 Member

i agree. we need someone out there who will hustle and at least CARE about what is going on in the game

------------------
    president of the sleepy floyd to hall of fame club.

are there any religious scriptures in tune with modern science?
    http://www.it-is-truth.org

3. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Definately. Cato has not shown even half as much effort as C-Rog does on a normal basis. It's definately time for los to take the starting position.

------------------
    Note: It was my cowhead. I started the cowhead craze, and my cowhead inspired Mooch to step up and bring us a victory. Thank you for your time. :D

4. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

I was thinking the same thing last night. Carlos, though undersized, has the best post defending technique of any of the rockets big men. He stays really low to the ground, and maxmizes his weight.

I love it when Kenny and Carlos are on the floor at the same time. They are a good combo.

It would never happen though. It would crush the already fragile ego of Kelvin Cato.

------------------
    I hate role players

5. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I am not against that at all, but I keep thinking, there must be a reason why Carlos Rogers doesn't get many minutes. I don't know what the reason is, but there has to be something. Strange.

Cato, well what can I say about him. Even HE thinks he is not what this team need offensvely. I love the confidence.

I wonder if he takes medication for that?

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

6. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Unfortunately, Carlos will get even less playing time now that Walt Williams is back.

------------------

7. Band Geek Mobster

I don't understand how Williams is going to take away from Los's minutes. The only instance I could see it happen is if Walt starts taking some time at the 4 spot and if that happens, then you know the season's almost over.

------------------
    Forget LHutz, Bob Rainey is by far the coolest poster in cc.net history!

8. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Band Geek Mobster

Rudy's obligatory Walt Williams insertions force Matt Bullard to play the 4.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited March 23, 2001).]

9. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Band Geek Mobster

Rudy's obligatory Walt Williams insertions force Matt Bullard to play the 4.

------------------

10. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I would start Carlos over Crapo in a heartbeat.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

11. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

I don't think Rudy likes Carlos.

------------------

12. DJ

DJ Member

Kelvin Cato is playing well. Against the Los Angeles Clippers Cato scored 11 points in 28 minutues and 10 points in 25 minutes against the New Jersey Nets. Carlos Rogers has also been playing well in Hakeem Olajuwon's absence.

------------------

13. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Yes, but Cato also allowed Bloody Divac and Olowokandi to burn him to death. His defense was beyond pathetic.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

14. DJ

DJ Member

Carlos Rogers is 6 feet 11 inches and most centers are 6-11 or taller.

------------------

15. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Dang me and ZRB are beginning to agree on a whole lot more stuff ever since "the change" [​IMG]

------------------
    Note: It was my cowhead. I started the cowhead craze, and my cowhead inspired Mooch to step up and bring us a victory. Thank you for your time. :D

16. DJ

DJ Member

Carlos Rogers and Rudy Tomjanovich are very good friends. Tomjanovich was very delighted to get Rogers through the Scottie Pippen trade. Tomjanovich likes Rogers because of his athleticism, height and ability to block shots. Tomjanovich said various times that Rogers is a player that he likes. Rogers also said Tomjanovich is one of his favorite coaches. Unlike Rogers' coaches in the past, Tomjanovich tells Rogers exactly what needs to be done to help his team.

------------------

17. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

DJ, are you sure about that? I can't think of any other reason why he wouldn't play a guy who is 6'11", hustles his arse off, rebounds, plays defense and has one of the best points per minutes averages on the team.

------------------

18. pooh222

pooh222 Member

Carlos has more heart and detirmination out there the Cato ever dared have. Cato'a a big dope. I don't understand why Rudy won't play Carlos more. I really don't understand a lot of the things Rudy has done this year. [​IMG]

------------------

19. treeman

treeman Member

As evidenced by every night Hakeem has been out this season, Carlos needs to start. Cato still shows flashes, but he simply does not appear to have the drive to play as hard as he possibly can night in and night out.

I've seen 'Los have bad shooting nights (rarely, tho), but I have never seen him give less than 100% hustle - and that hustle seems to usually pay off. Yeah, he's undersized, but not by much, and I'd rather have an undersized C than one who only makes an effort 50% of the time.

We gave the monster contract to the wrong guy.

------------------

20. Frank Black

Frank Black Member

I really was embarrassed for Cato when he kept getting ran on by Vlade. Then he embarrasses the team and himself more by loafing up and down the court whining to the refs.

I don't know what the hell to think about this Cato guy who constantly displays a total lack of desire! I watch the games as often as I can and I keep thinking that any day he'll have a breakout game and play up to his potential. I'm still waiting and am beginning to doubt that I'll ever see a productive outing from him in a Rocket's uniform.

------------------
    "...just because a clever person can complicate the discussion about the truth doesn't necessarily mean he or she is making any progress in finding it."