1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Thursday FB] Houston v. Alabama-Birmingham

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ryan17wagner, Oct 8, 2008.

1. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Thursday night at 7:00 pm at Roberston Stadium. Coogs looks to go 2-0 in CUSA.

Game will be on CSTV Channel 106 for Comcast viewers. I'm looking forward to seeing Case Keenum drop about 350+ yards on UAB.

GO COOGS!

2. DreamRoxCoogFan

SO EXCITED. I been craving a home game forever, gonna be late though. you gonna be there ryan? I haven't met any clutchfans at a UH event. I sit in the students section :cool: good times, hopefully.

3. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Yeah, I'll be there. We'll be at the Coogfans tailgate. $10 for all you can eat and drink. Can't beat that!

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Gotta love it...

Coogs: 38

UAG: 28

Go Coogs...

5. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I've hated UAB ever since one of their players pissed on the Sun Bowl turf during a pre-game walk-through about three years ago.

So in other words, Go Coogs.

6. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Coogs 49

UAB 20

7. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Houston 55

UAB 18

8. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Curses and drat. There's no way I can be there tonight. My sister's fiancée is coming in from Spain, I have a midterm on Saturday, and I have a project I need to do tonight.

That sucks. Like oklahoma. Sucklahoma.

9. msn

msn Member

BLIMEY!!! The perfect nickname for dallas, combining the 'S' for 'South', a full and appropriate pronunciation of the word, 'suck', and 87.5% of the word 'Oklahoma'!

BRILLIANT!!!

Sucklahoma: a city just east of Fort Worth, Texas.

10. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

We need to win out and win the Liberty Bowl. C-USA is improving but I still would have trouble getting TOO pumped up about the New Orleans Bowl.

I think we will put the hammer on these guys, last week our running game and defense woke up against superior opposition to what we will face tonight.

11. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

We are down 20-3...at the half. But I still think we are winning this game.

The Cougars have a penchant for only playing one half per game. (excepting Southern and ECU) and I just don't see much athleticism in their defensive secondary. Mostly we are just dropping balls.

12. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

good call major.

UH up 31-20 early 4th
    nice comeback coogs

13. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

Do they always have to come out that weak?

It was 3-20...3-20

I don't know what happened in the 3rd quarter but I guess a water line busted but that drenched the field for a good 5 minutes

[​IMG]

14. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

GO COOGS! Wow, what a game. Kennum rightfully takes back his spot as the nation's #1 passer.

15. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Went to the game last night. I was reminded why I love going to Robertson more than Reliant. Close proximity to the field, cheaper tickets, more spirit in the stands, and co-eds. I have to get season tickets next year.

Great game, though that first half was horrrrrible.

16. surrender

surrender Member

Man, that student section looks amazing. Alumni need to step it up and show up in droves!

17. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

good call

go coogs

18. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

I was hoping for a win first and foremost but I really wanted them to cover and get the over.

19. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Hey, I wasn't too far behind!

20. DreamRoxCoogFan

ok so the fields crew are idiots-

what happened was that we haven't played a thurs night game in forever, so some idiot forgot to turn off the sprinkler system for the night. I am behind that stream of water in the pic, and we went wild once is started. It was hilarious to see the UAB guys run to the other side of the sideline and case getting all hyped up. Also, the timing of the sprinker was perfect, RIGHT after the TD. if it was any onther time, it would have stalled a drive.

btw- this is only half the student crowd, theres another section behind the endzone- good turn out. UH was hungry for some home football- too bad not a lot of alums were :(