1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

thoughts on our rotation, trade chips and Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pat, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The other day I was contemplating our roster with what we have right now. I left injuries, trades, FAs and player development aside to start.

Yao, Scola, Ariza (or Battier), Martin and Brooks seem the starters. Hill backs up the big men, Battier/Ariza the wings, and Lowery the point. That is the 8 man rotation. I see Bud as the 9th man/scoring spark off the bench. 10, 11 & 12 would be Hayes, Andersen and Jefferies. Taylor, our number one pick, and a third point guard (Temple) on the non-playing list/D League. I'd love to think that our draftee would crack the rotation, but I'm not the type who would count on that.

Two things jumped out at me. One was that for the first time in a long time we do not have a glaring hole in our starting five, and and second was how many trade assets we hold.

I think our biggest need is a back up big man to help limit Yao's minutes. That makes me guess that we would draft a genuine center unless a talent drops or the need is otherwise filled.

And wow!, do we have a lot of trade chips. Since we don't need depth I'd expect to give up multiple assets to get a better player back. Assuming that player starts, we can add our (ex)starter into the trade mix. For example if we were trying to trade for a star like Dwayne Wade - I know, but let me dream - we could give up Martin (so Miami avoids a BP and plugs their hole), Battier (I think almost any team/coach would like to have him for one year), Jefferies as a salary match - also one year, and say three of the the following: Bud, Hill, Taylor, #14, and the two NY drafts). That strikes me as a heck of a package; a starter, a decent bench player, three prospects and cap relief in a year. Seriously, what else do teams want?

Suprisingly that led me to sour a little on a Bosch signing. I'll admit a front line of Yao, Bosch and Battier makes me drool. One guy under the basket, one guy a few steps out and one guy outside fits well. Battier does not need touches which suddenly becomes important. Nice defense/offense mix and I smell chemistry. But I think that means Scola (and most likely Battier) go. I see Scola, Battier and Hayes as our heart guys. I think trading Scola and Battier opens up a much bigger hole than the talent lost. I have a man crush on Battier and believe he is the most under-rated player in the league, but age and a lot of hard miles are catching up to him fast. I basically believe in trading old players for prospects (Skip for Lowery anyone?) and I don't think Battier will ever have more value than he does right now. Scola backing up Bosch seems such a waste, unless Bosch can rally play center for extended periods.

Mix in the magic wand that Daryl Morey apparently has and I seee virtually unlimited possibilities.

2. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Who is this Bosch Character? Do we have anything on him?

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Sorry, but i dont understand the point of this thread :confused:

It's all already being discussed. And it's Bosh. And it's Lowry

4. ThaShark316_28

Maybe it's Johnny Yong Bosch, the 2nd black ranger and voice over for Nero in Devil May Cry 4.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

[​IMG]

My thoughts on Bosch? He created a new fantastical visual language to express the horror and chaos of society and of his own mind.What does this have to do with the Rockets?

6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

What a bostched thread :rolleyes:

7. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Prior to each game, he'll summon the Mastadon which will combine with Yao to make our Houston megazord... Turbo.

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Bosch 4 Houston!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's the spark this team needs.

10. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

ur killin me the way ur butchering Bosh's name, anyways, yea we have a ton of trade chips and the possibilities of making trades in our favor holds no bounds, we must do something about the C position, the PF spot is actually in good hands with Scola/Hayes/Hill with Hill playin some C, this team is so stacked as is till its ridiculous and once Morey sprinkles his magic over it this offseason, we will be title contenders mark my words

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Those are complete crap and impossible to properly gap! :mad:

12. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

Hieronymus Bosch? The Netherlandish painter from the late 1400's?

He's dead bro.

13. Merla08

Merla08 Member

Hey guys, I think he meant "Bosh" not "Bosch" (yes, im being sarcastic)

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we can't get her...david beckham already married to boschspice

1 person likes this.
  15. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I was wondering how this thread got 14 posts...

We'd have Brooks Brother suits, Martin guitars, Ming vases, Bosch spark plugs, Ariza satellite systems, Hill coffee...

16. mofuggin_OG

mofuggin_OG Member

[​IMG]

i know the offseason is long, but dude a ****in chainsaw???
    whats wrong with the peeps these days :mad: :mad:

17. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry - I used to use Bosch plugs - some habits just die hard.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Close. This was the TRUE Boesch for Houston

Paul Boesch, Houston wrestling legend

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Chamillionaire

20. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Hahaha I knew I was thinking of someone and couldn't figure it out until you said it :D