1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This might be D-mo's time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haiti1804, Jan 12, 2013.

1. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

With Morris in a MAJOR tailspin(the guy is basically giving us nothing), and our offense having major problems scoring the last few games, this may be the Ideal time to interject some fresh blood into our line-up by introducing D-mo into the rotation. Many of the reasons why people have reservations about D-mo are the exact same reservations I heard about Yao Ming and Dirk Nowitski there first year: They said they always fell down, they were soft, they were clueless on defensive rotations, no sand in the pants lol, etc. Despite all these faults they trotted Ming and Nowitski out there game after game until they figured it out. 7 footers with skills are an extremely rare commodity. Anybody who watches D-mo out there can see that he has more talent in his pinkie then Morris has in his entire body. A 7 footer who runs like a deer with range and the best low post game on the team BY Far! This was around the time that Mandry started making noise, maybe it’s D-mo’s time, but he has to be allowed to play through rough stretches,…Thoughts?

2 people like this.
  2. conquistador#11

he can't rebound any worse, that's for sure.

3. omgTHEpotential

As a fan of D-Mo, I prefer him to be traded somewhere else where he could really shine. Just can't imagine any future for him at Houston.

1 person likes this.
  4. dragonz

dragonz Member

He seems like a smart kid, if so, he will be a starter next season barring a major trade this season.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dmo isn't anywhere near enough strong for nba play, he will get killed, he won't be able to do anything on offense because of how strong his defenders are, he will get killed on D because he gets steam rolled by everybody, even backcourt players. He needs to bulk up, i like motiejunas and do hope he gets playing time but i'm pretty sure it won't be pretty.

6. w00t

w00t Member

I will LOL hard at times when he will do his "signature move" and this forum will go nuts with the hate ... :grin:

And it's Jones time now :) Dmo will be heading to dleague right on schedule :rolleyes:

7. Beard

Beard Member

agree 100%. The only time D mo actually got real minutes was the 1st game vs philly so thats a good sign. Philly is a very small team. I really dont get why mchale doesnt throw him out there vs stretch 4s. Guys like anderson, bonner/diaw, etc where his strength wont be as much of an issue, he really needs to play. Patterson and Morris are 2 replacement level players, if their 3s are not falling they bring nothing to the table. When the offense slows down D Mo could actually make something happen. And he may not be an elite defender or rebounder, but he has quick hands and gets a ton of deflections, which is perfect for our fast breaking style of play.

8. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

Ming and Nowitski looked TERRIBLE at first! don't you remember, Yao was a national joke,(untill the donkey game) and Nowitski was labeled as one of the softest players in the league, I really believe that D-mo's swag won't allow him to be a joke for long, his pride and competitiveness is off the charts. He really believes he's the best player on the court at all times. we need that in the rotation.

9. New

I like DMO and hope he get some regular minutes like cole. However, you do not change your starting line up because of 2 games. MM won his spot after many very good games.

So we are talking about let DMO play instead of 2Pat. I would love to give DMO a try.

10. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

Imagine D-mo catching those passes that Asik fumbles so often!

11. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

So you think Morris is better then D-mo?? c'mon man, Morris is giving us nothing

12. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

he can't be any worse and he actually has potential to be real good. he's soft as well, but maybe he'll toughen up after his manhood is being challenged by nba 4s on a nightly basis. there is no evidence that MM is toughening up even though he's getting punked nightly. PP is confirmed soft at this point. i can't believe how they have zero ability to go and snatch a board, it's pathetic.

13. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

agree about the rebounding...he cant really be much worse on defense too...a lot of people on this forum are talking about picking up a free agent 4 but i wanna wait until weve at least seen jones and dmo get some real tick

14. w00t

w00t Member

I did not read OP post at first and assumed Morris had some sort of injury, but now I see OP just daydreaming :) Nothing will change. Dmo will be heading to dleague soon.
    Morey wont let his assets value drop. And if Dmo and/or Jones overtake Morris/PP position in the lineup, they value will DROP...

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

This wasn't suggested by anyone. All the OP said was add DMo into the rotation. He should be added into the rotation at the expense of MM and Pat at the 4. Maybe less of Parsons at the 4 also and cut into Delfino's minutes at the 3 if he isn't playing well. DMo can get worked in.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

I still prefer Donuts over both are PPat and Morris... but realistically, he isn't getting any meaningful minutes this season.

17. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Can D Mo Defend? can he set good screens? I feel like if he cannot we will run into the same problems we are having with MOrris and 2Pat

18. FearTheBeardJH

Dmo got 4 rebounds in 40 minutes in the NBA so far. Morris is far better than him.

19. Arthurprescott2

Yes please - he can't possibly do a worse job boxing out, defending, rebounding, or even scoring than Morris has for the past 2 weeks.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Dmo's time will come ...next year. Just like Greg Smith and Morris' time is this year.

We're eventually going to have to thin out the 4 position. Dmo will get his opportunity at some point.