1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things getting strange in Alabama

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

By definition, it is sexual assault. Unbelievable.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

@JeffFlake - this is exactly who you guys are.

This is why you gave that big speech, which took some courage.

This is why you have been making the rounds of all the talk shows since.

This is why when you were on the daily show last week when questioned about Congress inability to do the literal bare minimum after the latest weapon induced slaughter, you gave a redfaced demurral mumbling NRA approved drivel about the ATF kind of maybe ...nah, because that's your team. See how It Works?

That is who you are. The question is whether your response is to do a speaking tour of friendly media outlets...
    ...or by using your vote in Congress to make a difference.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agreed, it's the reaction that is fascinating. I expect Moore to stubbornly stay in the race and, like they did for Trump, Republican voters will find a way to rationalize voting for him and he'll win anyway. Please people, a liberal Senator from Alabama?

But the reaction. We've had posters on this bbs try before to justify child sexual assault by saying the child was a willing partner, why didn't they have teachers like that when I was in school, etc. It never really works here and we're just sports fans. To see grown professional men contort themselves to find a rationalization of child sexual assault, publicly and brazenly, is just terrible. The law is incredibly clear on this subject and now all of sudden we have to consider when Zechariah did 3,000 years ago. Suddenly, our legislation isn't good enough. I'm okay with the "I didn't do it" defense, but the "even if he did do it, it's not so bad" defense is just awful. It's possible he really didn't do it; it is impossible that child sexual assault isn't so bad after all. I can't believe people allowed themselves to be quoted saying that.

At the same time, I'm also unhappy with the way establishment Republicans condemn him. The "if it's true" caveats are ridiculous. This is never going to court. It'll never be proved. "If it's true" is a weaselly way of saying you don't approve but you're actually totally okay with him winning a Senate seat. The ones that drop the caveats, though, are the people who don't want him to win anyway. Democrats want that seat for themselves, so their condemnations are worthless. The handful of 'principled Republicans' like Flake and McCain want to run the populists back out of the Republican party, so they're just as conflicted. And, of course, the elephant in the room is the sexual predator in chief.

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

and then another fellow from Alabama using the Joseph and Mary biblical excuse.

They'll use the bible to justify or excuse anything. If there is a god he's shaking his/or her head pretty hard right now thinking about another great flood.

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

...but did he grab her by the p****?

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

People have been saying the GOP is morally bankrupt. As a former GOP card holder in Nevada, I am glad to say I left the party long ago.

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This is my bet as well. Moore stays, but after the election Moore resigns and the Republican governor appoints another Republican replacement. And Alabama has another special election cycle.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Agreed.

It is very sad that people would support a guy openly against the constitution, who has been alleged to sexually harass a minor, and who also thinks that certain people should not have rights.

I agree, very sad that people would support this guy at all.

Hakeemtheking and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. adoo

adoo Member

this is Al
    eg of accusations without proof

trump accused
    • Obama of not born in the USA
    • Obama WH of bugging citizen Trump
    on the other end of the specturm, the WAPO article on Moore has identified 4 named accusers---providing specific details---corroborated by 30 sources, including the parent of the then 14-yr girl.

it is indeed sad that you and those of ur ilk
    blindly dismiss 4 named accusers w specific accusations and 30 sources as no proof​

11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

snowflake is melting.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Roy Moore today denied remembering "dating" a girl without "her mother's permission."

My god man, if you had to ask her mother's permission that's a problem.

That's basically an admission with an excuse.

Rocket River likes this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am still laughing at the tweet that says the allegation against Roy was without any proof. What a joke. It is corroborated by 30 different sources and multiple women. There is no doubt at all that the nutcase is guilty.

Eric Riley likes this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Does Moore seem like the kind of guy who would resign to help the party? I think he'll serve his term and then retire if for no other reason than he'll be too old to do another stint.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This unabashed kidraping self righteous piece of **** has already been forcibly kicked off the bench TWICE.

He doesn't go anywhere unless dragged or at a minimum paid off handsomely - for being a kid raper.

What a godly man. Honestly he might be the Judge from Blood Meridian. Pure evil.

It's funny because a few years ago if you asked me if pure evil like this existed as a concept id be skeptical.

Welcome to 2017

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

FOX News to the rescue!

No Worries likes this.
  17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I found someone who can shed some light:

[​IMG]

No Worries likes this.
  18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sometimes you go too far, @SamFisher, and this is one of those times.

I dare say no human in Alabama is worthy of comparison to any Blood Meridian character, but certainly this debarred halfwit will never earn mention in the same breath as the brilliant (and, okay sure, psychotic) Judge.

#favoritebook

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Top 20 book for me as well. They have never made a movie correct ?