1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There are dentists on clutchfans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by likestohypeguy, Dec 19, 2016.

1. likestohypeguy

Take your best guess what went wrong here.

I've had a few root canals and crowns and in the past, theyve all been peffect, lasted, no problems. New guy. Cabrerra. This guy gave me one, and the root canal went wrongl, I think, just because i think he got out out of a canal and had to reup the aenesthetic waytoo much when it got crazy painful. Side of my face swole up, he gave me antibiotics, and it all went down, he put on the crown and all seeemed okay for a couple of days. Fit perferct.

Then started throbbing in a coupel of days, now KILLING me. I have an errand to run in the mornng, but im going to sit in his offfice until he gets to me and fixes it, if he can.

THe theories i've heard is he drilled outside the canal, or the crown is too big, impeding on surrounding teeth, or I got hit hard in a little rfight (two slaps to the side of the face, but not that hard) and the ground down tooth the crown is on will have to to be pullled. Worst case he didn't drill the canals thoroughly, and those re killing me now. New root canal and sealant... any thoughts>

I know there's a fellow ag dentist, i know you can't diagnose, but any thoughts> I have anther dentist that was alwasys perfect, but im now paying out of pocket, and couldnt affiord him. Biggest mistake of my life.

2. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Get well soon.

4. BALLhog 247 365

was the swelling immediate during the root canal? worst case scenario, he could have drilled passed the root, then irrigated with bleach which may have leaked into surrounding tissues causing immediate swelling and pain. bleach can damage adjacent tissues.

5. likestohypeguy

^swelling was immediate.

It's all good now. DIdn't even know ligaments were involved there, but he said it was stressed ligaments from not having the right fit (this was my fault, I only tested it for a few seconds before saying feels perfect before they glued it in, so I gave them the wrong feedback). Went back in, they were more careful, did little bite test things, made a few adjustments. The pain is gone now, much better.

I was just panicking last night, mostly because I have zero pain tolerance and a paranoid imagination. I do like him and everyone there, so definitely sticking with him for the few more things I need done, less intense than root canals.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm having a crown put on this afternoon and want to eat at a bar closeby. Do IPAs and novocaine mix?

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

at this point someone needs to photoshop @rezdawg with a bat signal. I mean, it's the least you guys could do..

Rocketman95 likes this.
  8. likestohypeguy

Isn't that the local anesthetic, should have no effect. Better to get them to prescribe some hydrocodone, mix with that, after.

Rocketman95 likes this.
  9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Sorry, late reply (thanks for the heads up @LosPollosHermanos). As was mentioned, you'll be completely fine with alcohol and local anesthetic. I'll try to be more prompt next time!

don grahamleone and Rocketman95 like this.
  10. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

As my understanding goes, through clutchfans, you only get through dental school by cheating.

11. rezdawg

That's exactly right.... Not one dental student that hasnt shared home work, copied quiz answers, or used remembered questions from other students...its a part of the process.

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. itony

itony Member

Pharm school checking in.

Is there any graduate profession that this isn't true for? ;)

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. rezdawg

No, but people seem to think that not being 100% on your own in a health-care related graduate school means that you're a fraud and cheating the system...and they dont want to be seen by someone who had to cheat to get their degree lol. The fact that someone from clutchfans actually contacted my dental school to let them know what I said on here is crazy, haha.

itony likes this.
  14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

K mf G is an anti-dentite!