1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

Meant to SAY "have"

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Oh gosh, you just have to be the boo the face, cheer the heel guy.

the only guy I have consistently booed is Rey Mystery Jr. Yes I call him Mystery.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rGUJYLDgR8k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This dude is insane, he is down in NXT right now, hopefully not much longer.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mmK1i2JCIGI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They made him take off the mask, and removed his array of dangerous brain busters, but he's still fun to watch. If you have Hulu you can watch an insane match he had with Antonio Cesaro.

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

can someone explain the Cena hate?

6. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pro Wrestling is pretty much a soap opera for men and children.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He has portrayed the exact same character for a decade now, and he never loses unless he gets cheated. He is really designed to play the always nice, never cheats superhero role to appeal to kids, and it works. But at this point males over the age of 12 can't stand him. One way or the other he gets a reaction, which stills makes him a big draw.

People don't really hate Cena, they are just all tired of him. Before he got his first big push most people liked Cena when he was doing the white rapper shctick, he was funny and new. He needs to turn heel and play the bad guy for a little while.

8. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Yup same reason Hogan started getting boos or yawns right before joining the NWO. Stale, same exact character as always. Always wins, always overcomes adversity.

It's like Barney. Kids love that purple b*stard when they are 5. When they get a little older, they can't stand Barney.

9. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

Well, he did just put Daniel Bryan over clean.

And as long as he sells loads and loads of merchandise, he's gonna stay what he is. The Hogan hate pre-NWO was WAY WAY more fervent than anything Cena gets.

Males over 12 have CM Punk to cheer for.

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

11. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

I dunno. I went to Raw, a house show and Smackdown in the last year or so, plus we get TLC in December. We seem to get the full rotation, and if you get more than one Wrestlemania, you're considered a good spot by the company, I'd say.

And Houston is pretty well known for being a loud engaged crowd. The noise when Cena or Rock came out here on the Raw a bit before Wrestlemania was deafening, and the crowd was doing chants all night.

Smackdown wasn't as good -- but Smackdown is basically the B show. I'm not sure as many people watch it, so they aren't as into the storylines that don't cross over to Raw.

There also seemed to be confusion in the crown, since many casual fans didn't realize they were taping a show to air ten days out that night. There were things being done that would air after an episode of Raw that hadn't aired yet, so that probably contributed to the lesser crowd engagement. I know just in my section I overheard people confused about some plot points and commenting that things they showed that "happened on Raw" weren't on Raw that week.

12. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

You're right. Houston must be doing something right when we receive Two WrestleManias in the same decade. One being considered the greatest Mania of all time.

Thats why I'm a bit insulted when they peg us for a House Show or a Smackdown Taping and that's all we get for a year. And now we're for some reason the designated town for TLC.

13. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Another thing that I don't like about Cena is his sloppy wrestling style. Any move he executes just looks bad. The guy has been in the business for over 10 years now, he should be able to execute basic moves and make them look good.

14. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

Well, we got a Raw and a Smackdown taping, plus a PPV this year. :)

This is certainly not the year to complain about not getting a good slate of events.

15. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

Thanks captain obvious

16. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

Cena is basicallY Hulk Hogan when we was in WWF. People got tired of him always winning and being the superhero. Thats why when Sid Justice eliminated him at Royal Rumble 1992 when the belt was on the line people cheered. They were tired of him. His heel turn at WCW Bash at the Beach was one of the best turns in wrestling history. Nobody saw it coming. Hopefully WWE does Cena like that.

17. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

This was taken about 6 months ago.
    [​IMG]

18. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

DDP is a legend man. He deserves more props than he has given by helping Jake the Snake and Scott Hall with their problems.

19. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_Y9Ui2X98FQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hall's doing a helluva lot better now. God Bless DDP man, he's going some great work with these guys.

20. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member