1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Kurt Angle did all his signature spot so everyone went home happy. Raw has been owning SDLive this year?

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It would get tiresome if that were the case. Not every match is Hell in a Cell at that PPV. Hell, you don't even get a bunch of traditions Survivor Series matches at that PPV either.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  3. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

My wife had never seen Asuka and as soon as she took off the mask, she said, "Holy crap, that chick is scary. She looks really badass." I thought her debut was decent. It was sort of the same story they were trying to tell with Nakamura's debut but it was much more well-done, made Asuka look tough and Emma looked like a worthy opponent.

If Styles and Finn have another match, I think we'll have to get some Gallows and Anderson involvement and it'll become a storyline. Last night's match was kind of amazing just because AJ's eyes were visibly bloodshot from his jetlag and his timing seemed a tad off. He still wrestled a great match anyway.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

2nd worst PPV of the year, behind only Backlash (or was in Payback? The Smackdown one is what I'm talking about).

Everything was bleh until Finn/AJ, which was great. Here's to hoping WWE creative noticed that when you put 2 talented guys in a ring and let them work, you'll get a great match. It really can be that simple.

I don't know what the point was of the James/Bliss match. And James' promo after... why. Why. What was the point of that?

WWE is trying so hard to get people interested in Jason Jordan but it's just not working. Three segments of Elias heel-ing it up couldn't even get people to cheer for Jordan. Also, three of those segments? On a PPV? Fuuuuuck.

There's no good reason the Cruiserweight title match wasn't a tables match. No reason at all.

The TLC match was a gawddamned mess. It was always going to be a mess with so many guys, but at least it was a mess with a purpose: to showcase the Shield (mainly Reigns). Without Reigns they were kinda screwed, but throwing Angle in there was a waste of his in-ring return. And of course Angle looked like a stiff robot who didn't belong in a ring.

Also why is Kane a big deal again? He's awful now. I guess we can look forward to a few weeks of Strowman wrestling an old Kane.

This was the kind of WWE event that you watch and think, "I'm just glad I didn't pay good money to attend this in person."

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Just got my tickets for NXT and Survivor Series... I'm counting on an Undertaker return

Dave2000 likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

On this note, if anyone is interested in selling heavily discounted tickets to a CFer, let me know.

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Kinda late but anyone else confused as to why they have been having TLC matches without a belt hanging? Like I know they have been doing that for awhile but those classic TLC matches always had belts hanging...

TLC is basically just a no DQ match now.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't know.

But in shoot interviews I have heard wrestlers talk about how freaky/dangerous it is to be on top of those ladders trying to take the belt off. Corbin talked about this after his MITB win. So maybe that's why.

10. body slam

body slam Member

accidentally found ROH on charge tv sunday nights at 9 on Houston channel 57-2

11. Dave2000

12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Just had some issues come up and I'm not going to be able to make it to the shows... if your still interested I have two tickets to both NXT and Survivor series.

I bought them all for $90 a ticket but I would be willing to sell them for $75 each. Let me know if your interested.

13. Fantasma Negro

14. Dave2000

15. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho announced at NJPW's WrestleKingdom 12

16. Andy Sheets

Even if just for a one-match deal, that's really big. Jericho just had one of his best years ever for WWE and now he's working their biggest competitor's biggest show. That's a ways beyond the Liger and Ibushi appearances in NXT and the CWC and adds more legitimacy to the idea that NJPW is the cool place for wrestlers to be.

vinsensual and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  17. VanityHalfBlack

HOLY **** BALLS ON A HOCKEY STICK!!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME????? I JUST CAME!!!

vinsensual likes this.
  18. Andy Sheets

19. VanityHalfBlack

Kenny is going to put that strong style all over Jericho. WK 12 baby!!

vinsensual likes this.
  20. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

AJ just beat Jinder in the UK for the title. Holy ****.. AJ vs. Brock at Survivor Series.

MAJOR SPOILER