1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

I really hope that's not the case. The Legacy stars (Taker, Austin, Rock, Brock, HHH etc.) need to headline vs current era stars to elevate them.

Austin vs Punk, Rock vs Orton, HHH v Bryan these kinda matches would work but the attitude era guys fighting eachother is just counter productive. Just watch an old match of theirs from 2000 or something, I'd say.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

He doesn't need to come back and work full time.

Just for a few months.

Good lord Shane. Wtf happened.

3. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

Ha! This thread was moved to the "Sports" forum. Hilarious. :grin:

4. The Stig

The Stig Member

Bring back Goldberg! He was my favorite wrestler when I was watching WWF in the 90's and parts of 2000's.

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

He didnt like to put people over hence his fallout with the company.

6. Al22ex

Al22ex Member

Wow! Glad we finally have this thread. Can't wait to see what people post in the near future.

I purchased a Travel Pack to Wrestlemania 30 last week. So I am especially excited to see how WWE plays out over the next several months in building towards New Orleans next April!

7. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

I haven't been to a WWE Live Event since 2007 I beleive. I really can't believe I missed out on both Wrestlemanias that took place in Houston.

Wrestlemania X7 (2001)- 14 years old. Dad didn't have enough money to buy tickets :(

Wrestlemania 25 (2009)- Broke ass college student w/ bills. Depressing :(

Lately Houston has been getting the ****ty end of the stick when it comes to WWE events. House shows and Smackdown tapings? Ugh. And are we like the designated city for the TLC PPV? This is the second TLC PPV in Houston in three years I think.

I want the Royal Rumble or something.

8. Empire_Express

As do I, but they tend to reserve major PPV's to cities with better crowds. Now that's not always the case, but as of late Houston's been a really lackluster crowd when it comes to WWE live events hence why we're always getting SmackDown!.

But I'm kinda biased towards towards the crowd. I went to the last taping in late July, and I remember feeling so disgusted when section I was in all started booing Christian after he pinned Randy Orton in the #1 Contender's match even though he's a face. I really hate crowds who only cheer for 2 guys only and remain quiet for the rest of the roster, but that's WWE now a days.

9. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

So this is where arrested development hangs out.

11. Beavis Stiffler

LOL. Urban Wrestling Federation? Not sure if they're really serious about this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LkumFCAGLO4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/X8k_BEf4fRQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FrjDCa82V4U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-QxFU1L1y2k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hlwVzjK7bIE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Beavis Stiffler

Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig vs. Dennis Rodman

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PAcLrK7gdAQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. So Good

So Good Member

Kofi's great in the ring...but just doesn't wow you on the mic.

His initial introduction into the WWE with the whole Jamaican thing didn't help...then all of a sudden he went from Jamaican to now from Ghana was a wtf moment. It was funny how they did it though.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/JhIYWlC_rLA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/JhIYWlC_rLA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Kofi had a Jamaican accent going, and then one day it turned into some Boston accent.

15. Beavis Stiffler

BOTCHAMANIA!!!!!:grin:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/d2CO0dW3yPQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7zpDv93-7Nw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/zM7JDGkFdi4

16. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cTWqW0ZJL1E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uSDdM_oMzwQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Beavis Stiffler

Some funny moments from Stone Cold Steve Austin

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DyLGlbHt47M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o8V7ZVumW1A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bIuGiC8Bjfg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AtoAZRObXZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FWjawAYo5ig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/R_VX1IJE85U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Beavis Stiffler

LMAO. Promo from The JWO.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zfACUJ3hvPo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

I haven gone to every event in Houston since WM 17. I wish Cena would be at TLC this year but he will be out. I wanted to boo him in front of the females and little kids.
    I A