1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The W(why)TF did Trump do this? thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I don't care.

Trump has lied about a lot of things, his golf schedule is inconsequential to me.

Also 115 million dollars is inconsequential to me as it is nothing in the larger perspective.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And that's cool for you.

Me... I think every time we look the other way, or shrug our shoulders, simply enables people like trump to push further into corrupt acts.

For example, people shrugged their shoulders when trump attacks the media, and then shrugged their shoulders when trump and his admin canceled news conferences. So now we find out about phone calls between trump and putin from russia. From russia. The very same country actively attacking out country with a disinformation attack is providing us with the information about conversations between the two country's leaders.

Think how many times people say something to the effect... "this latest scandal isn't the worst scandal of the week." Or "this scandal doesn't even rate a mention". We allow him to do this by shrugging our shoulders.

ROCKSS likes this.
  3. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

This is great. Thank you @Os Trigonum for posting these updates. It’s nice to know that the impeachment proceedings haven’t stopped Congress from operating and actually working to get bills that the House has sent to the Senate and in turn to Trump and passing them. Nice to see the government actually operating as it should .

Nook, B-Bob, No Worries and 1 other person like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

I don't consider it a scandal. I have ZERO problem with the travel costs associated with any President traveling. I have ZERO problem with any President playing golf or hunting or just relaxing with their family. They need to blow off steam like everyone else. Their mental health and level of exhaustion is very important as it potentially impacts millions of people.

I had a problem with how much vacation GW took when I was younger. Then I got older, worked very long hours and changed my perspective. When Obama was attacked for it, I rolled my eyes. Now the same for Trump. I do not care, and I believe it is a red herring.

I am in a business where I do not keep track of my employees personal or sick days. The only requirement is that they keep the clients happy, go to court and get their work done. Some can do it in 4 days a week. As long as their work is done, I do not care.

RayRay10 and Os Trigonum like this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Actually for those of us who do not favor the trump presidency, more golf is great: fewer caustic tweets, less time burning bridges to allies, less time scheming with his defender Barr, less time holding hateful rallies, etc etc.

6. NewRoxFan

Again, cool that you are OK with it. But... trump playing golf at his golf courses, staying in his resorts, and traveling to and from not only cost tax payers money, but since they are being paid into his own businesses, represent a financial benefit to him. Which is why people track the number of days he stays at trump properties and plays golf at trump golf courses.

These are considered violations of the Emoluments clause.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the emoluments issue is not very clear-cut and is currently being litigated re Trump:

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IF/IF11086

among others there is a problem of definition:

Black’s Law Dictionary defines an “emolument” as an “advantage, profit, or gain received as a result of one’s employment or one’s holding of office.” There is significant debate as to precisely what constitutes an emolument within the meaning of the Foreign and Domestic Emoluments Clauses, particularly as to whether it includes private, arm’s-length market transactions. The only two courts to decide this issue adopted a broad definition of “Emolument” as reaching any benefit, gain, or advantage, including profits from private market transactions not arising from an office or employ.​

8. NewRoxFan

9. NewRoxFan

10. NewRoxFan

Does need further comment...

No Worries likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

Special guest appearance by the other idiot son (and polling to be one of top 4 candidates in 2024)...

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

B-Bob likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

But he didn't call them deplorables...

14. NewRoxFan

trump transforming our U.S. military into mercenaries for saudi arabia and the money goes into his banks?

15. NewRoxFan

Looking forward to people defending this trump lie...

Trump: Saudi Arabia paid the US $1 billion for more troops. Pentagon: Eh, not quite.
    Trump seemingly announced a major deal during his latest Fox News interview, but officials are walking it back.
    https://www.vox.com/2020/1/14/21065432/trump-laura-ingraham-interview-saudi-arabia-troops

16. NewRoxFan

trump, while defending his "perfect phone call" again, suggests that the late President Lyndon Baines Johnson would agree that it was a perfect call and at the same time suggest that the former president was in hell.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

The 25th Amendment was design for times like this...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He's delusional.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What the hell is he talking about? I have never encountered these asinine problems that his base eats up. But, then again, I have never stayed at a Trump property.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Either has his base.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.