1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Trump / Ukraine Connection

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Sep 29, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

What was threatened?

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll put this here as well, since you have a hard time comprehending.

If I said, "I walked into a bank with a gun, pointed it at the employees, and told them to give me all of the money in the bank. I didn't force the employees to give me the money or anything. I didn't put any pressure on them to give me all the money in the bank. My trip to the bank was 100% legal. It was a perfectly legal trip to the bank. I mean the bank is a place where people withdraw money and so I did nothing wrong." I would still be admitting to committing a crime.

That's exactly what Trump did.

joshuaao likes this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Trump pointed a gun? Really? Link.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you understand what an analogy is?

No Worries likes this.
  5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. adoo

adoo Member

WSJ is reporting that Pompeo was one of several US officials
    who were listening in the phone conversation between Trump and the newly elected Ukranian President.

can we say co-conspirator !!!

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FYI

A new item has been posted in H-Net.

Announcing H-Ukraine
    by Jesse Draper - Associate Director, Networks
    H-Net proudly welcomes H-Ukraine to its family of nearly 200 networks, now available on the H-Net Commons. Read on and follow the links below for more information about this exciting new network!

H-Ukraine
    H-Ukraine is an online platform dedicated to promoting and advancing scholarly contributions to the field of Ukrainian studies. We aim to incorporate interdisciplinary work that examines the history of Ukraine and its place within the wider region. H-Ukraine is not a political forum, but rather a professional network that serves scholars, students, and the interested public. This site is meant to connect individuals and groups through respectful dialogue in order to share the latest news of recent publications, book reviews, theoretical approaches and research methodologies, and teaching resources.

H-Ukraine Editorial Staff

John Vsetecka, Michigan State University - Network Editor

Amber N. Nickell, Purdue University - Network Editor

Nataliya Shpylova-Saeed, Indiana University - Reviews Editor

H-Ukraine Advisory Board

Dr. Matthew Pauly (Michigan State University)
    Dr. Steven Seegel (University of Northern Colorado)
    Dr. Jeffrey Veidlinger (University of Michigan)
    Dr. Andrii Portnov (Europa-Universitat Viadrina Frankfurt/Oder)
    John Vsetecka (Michigan State University)
    Amber Nickell (Purdue University)

All H-Ukraine content is freely accessible at: https://networks.h-net.org/h-ukraine

You can contact the editors of H-Ukraine here: editorial-ukraine@mail.h-net.org

A free account and subscription are required in order to receive discussion posts by email for all of our networks. For assistance with creating accounts and managing subscriptions on the H-Net Commons:

For instructions to create an account in the Commons go to:
    https://networks.h-net.org/node/905/pages/943/getting-started.

For instructions on subscribing to H-Ukraine go to:
    https://networks.h-net.org/node/905/pages/965/subscribing-or-unsubscribing-network

For tutorials and assistance in using the H-Net Commons, visit H-Net's Help Desk:
    https://networks.h-net.org/help-desk

H-Ukraine is owned by H-Net, Humanities and Social Sciences Online. H-Net is a nonprofit, tax-exempt international network of scholars in the humanities and social sciences that creates and coordinates electronic networks, using a variety of media, and with a common objective of advancing humanities and social science teaching and research. H-Net was created to provide a positive, supportive, equalitarian public environment for the friendly exchange of ideas and scholarly resources. It is hosted by the Department of History at Michigan State University.

For more information about H-Net, point your web browser to:
http://www.h-net.org/about.

Message from a proud sponsor of H-Net:​

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Do you hear voices as well. Usually it’s your faulty logic, you’re now ignoring evidence and admissions of guilt

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I don't think you did well on reading exams. It is not an admission to ask someone to do something. Not illegal.

Please show me the law and how it was broken. I promise you that this is not strong evidence of a violation of any law itself.

The innuendo fantasy is transparent. It is just another embarrassment for a DNC that is flailing as a last ditch effort. Useful idiots like yourself are amusing.

10. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

So a sitting president asks a foreign government to investigate one of its political rivals that’s not against the law? And here i thought we lived in a Democracy?

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You have to prove motive. That's all. You can't prove that is the motive. Trump can easily claim this is about corruption and unrelated to reelection. As for Biden being an opponent, sorry it's not enough. Running for office is not a shield from having your work looked into. It is the White House's business to know about the current and past admins and their dealing. Yes Trump has every right to ask about that, so long as it's not for his election; which you cannot prove. That's the whole point I've been trying to make and I'm sure you'll ignore it.

Did he do it for his gain? The evidence doesn't prove it. That's all I've been saying and ya'll want to act like this is a slam dunk. It's not that cut and dry. No matter your feelings about it being innuendo or not. That's simply not enough. None of it so far is enough.

I am open to the idea that he did it for his gain, but also other conclusions. I am more reserved about jumping to conclusions. Keep an open mind on everything; especially when details aren't rock solid. I cannot prove motive without being a mind reader and neither can you. So in this country we give the benefit of the doubt when we don't have strong enough evidence. Anything else is that of a banana republic.

12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Dude, you’re the only person with delusions that extend that far. People with a warped sense of reality often feel that way about others. The tell tale sign is usually how they think “everyone” is missing something. It has been beaten to death so I won’t address it, you need to wake up, that’s the nicest way I can say it. That or you have some pathological deficiency

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol projection at its finest...

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I don’t think you know what that means, or have comprehension issues as you alluded to earlier.

This is you against the world, or really, your delusions. This might be a trend you deal with on a regular basis—-which should be more than enough incentive to do some introspection. You might see an ******* here and there, but when everybody you see is an ******* you need to start questioning your perception

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. adoo

adoo Member

Her testimony has been postponed to next Thu

The State Department’s inspector general briefed congressional aides Wednesday about an apparent attempt to smear the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine

Between March and April 2019, U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch went from having a secure spot as the country’s representative in Kyiv to having nothing at all, fired amid jockeying by Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani to pressure Ukraine into manufacturing dirt as part of the President’s 2020 reelection bid.

“There have been two American foreign policy approaches towards Ukraine- one that was conducted by the embassy and State Department,” former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Steven Pifer said“And a second one led by Rudy Giuliani which has been focused on enhancing the prospects for the presidential election next year.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/...nspector-general-ex-ukraine-ambassador-022482

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. adoo

adoo Member