1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The trash talking between Nuggets and Timberwolves just out of control.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ivanyy2000, Apr 29, 2004.

1. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I almost LMAO after reading this story.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...lug=ap-nuggets-elsonapology&prov=ap&type=lgns

Elson apologizes for calling Garnett gay

By JOHN MARSHALL, AP Sports Writer
    April 29, 2004
    DENVER (AP) -- Denver Nuggets rookie center Francisco Elson apologized Thursday for calling Kevin Garnett ``gay'' after the Timberwolves' star hit him in the groin during a game.

Elson contended Garnett intentionally hit him during Minnesota's 84-82 victory Tuesday night, and he made the remark the next day in practice.

Elson apologized after he was chastised by gay and lesbian groups.

``I realize my comments were insensitive and they were out of character for me,'' he said in a statement the team released. ``However, I take full responsibility and I have learned a valuable lesson.''

Garnett wouldn't comment on Elson's remarks or his apology.

``I really couldn't care less about what they're saying over there,'' he said. ``I don't even know half those guys' names. I'm just focused on winning this game and moving on.''

The Timberwolves lead the series 3-1, with Game 5 Friday in Minnesota.

Elson has been one of the leading instigators in Denver's physical approach against Garnett. The two had several heated exchanges in Game 3, which Denver won by 19, and it continued in Game 4.

Elson knocked Garnett into the seats behind the basket with a hard foul early in the game, and the two exchanged words after Garnett tangled with Marcus Camby while fighting for a loose ball. Elson and Garnett also reportedly yelled back and forth outside of Minnesota's bus after the game, and Elson kept the banter going with his comments Wednesday.

``That's a cheap shot by a low-class type player,'' Elson said. ``You don't do that. That's gay on his part. I told him that he was gay, too, for touching me in my private parts.''

2. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

*sigh*

Well, I think it's safe tos ay that Stern will be at the game on Friday, and that suspensions will follow on Saturday.

3. sup123

sup123 Member

this is what the playoffs is all about. I want to see a fight.

4. Nuggets4

Did you not watch the last game? There were 3 or 4.

5. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

LOL "gay" haha!

"That's a cheap shot by a low-class type player,'' Elson said. You don't do that. That's gay on his part. I told him that he was gay, too, for touching me in my private parts.''

thats just weak...how old is this guy?

6. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

And when we get back from the playground, I am gonna tell on you, you touched my privates, my mommy told me that no one should touch me there.

What the hell is that? Shut up and play.

7. Nuggets4

My favorite post on the Nugs board was something along the lines of:

"Francisco, tell Bobo the sock puppet clown where Kevin touched you."

In his defense, I guess, the dude is from the Netherlands. He went to Cal for 4 years of college, then back to Europe for 3-4 years.

8. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

I saw the replay, KG did try to touch him.

lol

9. ma-gaga

ma-gaga Member

I've been looking for the T-Wolves trash talking quotes, and I really can't find any.

A little by KG, saying that they are going to "close them out", but that's it. I saw the game, there was a lot of jawing on the court, but I have yet to see anything in the newspapers coming from Minnesota.

oh well. Should be a fun game.

10. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

So let me get this straight - trying to touch another man's genitals is gay? Or isn't it?

Now if KG wanted to cuddle afterward, that would be gay, wouldn't it?

11. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

Yeah.....like slapping the @sses of other teammates doesn't fall into the same category of 'gay'.
    :rolleyes:

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

As long as it is done under the 3 second rule it is fine. :D

13. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

Does it make you gay if you touch any part of WANG ZhiZhi?

14. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

That is priceless! I'm dyin' here.

15. yusiye

yusiye Contributing Member

:confused: I don't get the joke?

16. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

"Wang" is a term sometimes used to refer to the male genitalia.

17. Summer Song Giver

Someone grabs your kawk and you call them gay, how exactly do the gay and thespians have any right to uproar? Is it a putdown to be called gay? It's not like he called him a stupid queer f***** and that he'd like to lych and hate crime his gay ass, no he just called him gay, Gays and lesbians should STFU sometimes and let us breeders have our fun.

18. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

After seeing the replay of the incident, i have lost some respect for KG. They were not battling underneath. They were not jostling for position. KG simply made a fist, and popped the guy in the nuts before the ball was inbounded. Very low class, and not something i would expect from KG.

19. vincejas

vincejas Member

This is funny. No offense here but i dont see anything wrong if kg did touch elson's junior. Its not being gay on kg's part. Maybe kg just want to intimidate elson. Shut up and play. Its the play offs. NO whining be a man. ur not a little boy. Hes making himself look so silly and sore loser.

20. Nuggets4

I'm very proud of the Nugs right now.