1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

@AroundTheWorld this donkey supported this dipshit. Is there genuinely anyone you support who turns out to be good?

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Bolsonaro better than Lula.

Salvy likes this.
  3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I am not desperately (or desparately) trying to do anything. A claim was made (via two quoted tweets) that Hilary Clinton did not claim the election was stolen. I posted a video of Clinton claiming the election was stolen, clearly disproving that claim. It is called providing video evidence to directly disprove an assertion.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

When it comes to defending republicans you're always right around the corner...lol. Disturbing you're a prosecutor in a very liberal state, more so disturbing are your political beliefs. It's like if I handed @Commodore the keys to counting the election in swing states, you know that jackass is gonna go the Stalin route.

astros123 likes this.
  5. adoo

adoo Member

yes you are trying equating Hillary's action pertaining to the 2016 election to Putin's useful idiot's for 2020.

while Trump incited riot, used fake electors to defraud the process, defamed poll workers, Hillary did not.​

astros123 and Xopher like this.
  6. StupidMoniker

I didn't equate anything. There was a claim presented and I provided evidence the claim was not true.
    I didn't defend anyone, I countered a claim made about Hilary Clinton. Two tweets were posted in which it stated she didn't challenge the 2016 election/claim it was stolen. I posted a video of her saying that the election was stolen. If someone posted a claim that Trump never said the election was stolen, I could very easily post a video disproving that. I don't know why you would be disturbed that I am a prosecutor in a very liberal state. Do you imagine we have a lot of politically charged cases or something? Would my political beliefs affect my ability to fairly prosecute an alleged robber?

AroundTheWorld and B-Bob like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. Xopher

Xopher Member

I agree with you on a factual basis. You are a lawyer. You pigeonhole people into an answer without nuance. That is your job. However, I believe you would agree Hillary's claim of a stolen election was substantially different than Trump's. Hillary was complaining about Russian interference. Trump was stating our entire election process was rigged.

AroundTheWorld and rocketsjudoka like this.
  9. StupidMoniker

Yes, I would agree they were making different complaints about the methodology by which they claimed their loss was illegitimate. I would say Trump had many scattershot complaints (fraudulent votes being cast, fraudulent counting of votes, changing rules at a time when rules should not be changed, complaints about the courts, I am probably missing more).

AroundTheWorld and Xopher like this.
  10. astros123

astros123 Member

Republicans have always been ****

cheke64 and No Worries like this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did Hillary Clinton try to overturn the election through legal or illegal means?

ROCKSS likes this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’d loooove to hear what Trump and his supporters would have said if had won the popular vote by millions as well like Clinton did. Trumps mind would have melted with rage.

It’s such a joke that there are only 2 real options in this country and they are as bad as Clinton and Biden are. That it causes people to trick their head into supporting a horrible human being like Trump. A man with so many bad qualities you could write a lengthy book on them. The amount of time and wasted energy on people across this country twisting facts and then lying to justify this POS is comical. Keep doing it though, life well spent!

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It must be too hard for them to accept they were conned by a sociopath, so they try their best to keep defending his crazy.

ROCKSS likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Meanwhile, comer the clown begins his reelection campaign...

ROCKSS likes this.
  15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

How many court cases did Hillary lose pushing her Election Was Stolen narrative?

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Whelp Paxton is getting off with restitution, community service and required ethics training.

It’s good to be Republican grifter especially in Texas.

ROCKSS likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

18. NewRoxFan

Hope he gets rich from kari lake...

ROCKSS likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ROCKSS likes this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Two good men. And a good company (even though my Eric Gordon fun meter was low when I worked there). Fun fact, John Legend worked at BCG as well. Smart guy.