1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"The Spygate thing has diminished what they've accomplished" - accd. to Don Shula

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Manny Ramirez, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The same way you know that the other teams in the league aren't doing it…you simply don't. However, I would highly assume that they would stop after getting busted and losing a draft pick. They were caught taping in week 1. They have been kicking butt for the 8 weeks after they were busted. Just give respect where it's due....

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Yea, having twelve men in the box makes it damn near impossible to run the football.

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

eleven

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You make it sound as if as soon as another team does it, the feat becomes completely pedestrian. That's bullcrap. It's taken this long to happen BECAUSE it is so amazing. And being one of two teams that have done it rather than the only team is not going to reduce you to "just another undefeated team."

And Rocket River, you are comparing stealing signs in football to using steroids in baseball...a sport that also has sign stealing as a regular occurence. Why not compare apples to apples?

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Other teams in the league aren't documented cheaters; the Patriots are. The only thing I would assume is that they haven't been caught again.

It lessens the significance of the accomplishment, bottom line. No team wants to have their records broken.

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True. Now that I have thought about it a little longer...I didn't have a problem with Hank Aaron not really wanting anything to do with Bonds' pursuit of his record. Although, to be fair, that was a good bit different with the steroids vs. no steroids being involved. I think, though, that if Bonds' had gone down with an injury just before breaking the record and he had to retire, and Hank Aaron drank champagne to celebrate, I would have a good bit less respect for the man.

7. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Eat, Don, EAT!!! Red meat is good for you!!!!!

:D

8. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

i agree with Don.

cheating tarnishes your accomplishments.

9. B

B Contributing Member

If someone wanted to do a story about an NFL team going undefeated, wouldn't it be a good idea to contact some of the members of the only NFL team to actually accomplish that feat? I could be wrong, but I think it's more of reporters trying to get quotes for a story then the 72 Dolphins trying to find a way in the spotlight.