1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Sports Post] Why LeBron James will sign with the Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Jun 20, 2018.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Who cares?

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I don't expect NBA teams will get invited to the White House for the remainder of the Trump administration's existence.

sammy and amaru like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

add the nfl to that

sammy and amaru like this.
  4. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

well simple, if he 's choosing lifestyle and money over ring, then he won't be here.

5. mockster

mockster Member

I think you right, bunch of ignorance by both sides

6. rocks123

rocks123 Member

Why? I mean lots of fans wants to see GSW dethroned by the king. Saying Like if Lebron got the team like GSW he would dominate the league. They want to see lebron team to dominate like jordan's team during the 90's. yeah LA might lose it but they already hate him because of kobe. I guess im bias but i think him moving here to help us win will be accepted by nba fans in general.

7. vick

vick Member

1 yard line. Our own.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The Rockets are already a championship contender, with or without LeBron. They won 65 games last season, more than the Lakers have in the last two seasons combined. Their two best players attempted 1,101 three-pointers last season, a necessity when playing next to James. Philadelphia’s two best players attempted 225. The Cavaliers might not even be able to give him an All-Star teammate next season. The Rockets can give him an MVP.

Chris Paul is one of James’ best friends. Mike D’Antoni coached him on Team USA. And had Paul stayed healthy in last year’s Western Conference Finals, the Rockets would have won the championship and this conversation wouldn’t even be possible.

There is risk in almost any free agent decision. There was risk in joining the Heat in 2010. And there was risk in rejoining the Cavaliers in 2014. But the Rockets are the NBA’s rarest gem: certainty. James said in the Sports Illustrated letter that revealed his return to Cleveland that his goal is “still to win as many titles as possible, no question.” He has already brought one trophy back to Northeast Ohio. When he joins the Rockets, he will be able to bring quite a few more back to Southeast Texas.

I just loved reading that. Very cool find, OP. :cool: