1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The role of the Gov/Media in the Fear/Racism against MEs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ty_Webb, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Ty_Webb: The entire point of my original posts was not to rush to judgment on some people who acted out of fear.

I think this comes straight to the point. No american should be kicked off a plane because of their appearance. Not before 9/11, and not now. Why you and RichRocket want to defend this is beyond me. Fear doesn't excuse it. It's wrong. It's against fundamentals this country was built on. Even if I empathize with the fear, I would never condone denying a fellow american basic rights because of his skin color. If they make it through security, they have a right to fly like everyone else. And by the way, I didn't see anyone label you a racist in this thread. Where did that come from?

Some of you do not want to accept that and believe that no matter how intimidated a person is they MUST join the groupthink and act in the best interest of the minority. It is easy to be brave and condemn when you aren’t in that situation.

Some of us think human beings should be treated as such. Particularly fellow americans in a country where all have equal opportunity to life, liberty and justice. If other people's fear overtakes their ability to treat other perfectly innocent people of a certain ethnicity with fairness, it's a damned shame and it's wrong. I won't pass judgement on them, and yes these are crazy times. But it's still wrong. How you just keep coming up with stuff to defend it baffles me.

Would riding in cabs with muslim and sikh drivers make me 'brave?' I'm a lionheart, then, I guess.

2. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member