1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets were a total No-Show

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tha_Dude, May 12, 2017.

1. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Well, it was certainly an anti-climactic way for the Rockets to end what was otherwise a very promising and exciting season. This has to be one of the worst if not the worst home playoff losses in Rockets history (I didn't bother to look it up frankly, because **** it). When you take in to account that the Spurs were without Leonard and Parker it makes it even more of a joke, though. I honestly felt like the Rockets should win this game by at least 10 points.

The thing I always ask myself when watching a 7 game series is did the better team win or did the other team choke? Well, I think this might be the first series I've seen from the Rockets where I have to say that I don't honestly know the answer to that question. Obviously, the Rockets choked in game 6 or rather they simply did not show up at all. But, there were times in the series where the Rockets showed that they were the better team than the Spurs and they did so convincingly by blowing them out. Maybe that game 5 meltdown really took the wind out of their sails. Maybe the loss of Nene was bigger than we thought it would be. Maybe this is the downside to Morey ball, in that when you lose you can sometimes look very stupid while doing so?

The only thing that is clear to me is that the Rockets gave up in game 6. It's almost as if they let game 5 destroy their confidence. You will never be able to convince me for one second that the team I watched last night was the same team I had been watching for the entire season. No way, that was not the Houston Rockets out there. Those were a bunch of frauds, who had already made plans for Maui this weekend. Maybe, we will never know who the better team was which makes this loss hurt even worse.

MDA and Harden are going to shoulder the load on this stinker, and you just have to hope they're able to get the taste out of their mouths in time to work on plans for how they can improve as a team. Because, if last night was any indication of what's to come for this team, then this is a team that lacks any soul or purpose or strategy or leadership (both MDA and Harden) and GM who maybe needs to rethink his strategy a bit.

I'm perfectly ok with losing a series to a better team, knowing that my team gave it all but fell short in the end. I can live with those results at the end of the day. I'm absolutely not ok with the effort I saw from the Rockets tonight, that **** is not acceptable even if it were a regular season game.

Time to roll another J and make another drink for me. It will all wash away soon, I hope.

****, man.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

r****ds. DURRRRRR. biggest game of the season and i dont wanna play waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah mommy and daddy comepick me up i wanna go home :(

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

James' post game comments were an embarrassment.

Minutes after producing the biggest flop in HOU basketball history, he says, "take it for what it is, and move on."

Harden gives no f***s.

Yung-T, ilovehtownbb and forchette49 like this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

Harden is a person... play point, score, bang with 7 footers. He leaves EVERYTHING on the floor then plays into overtime. Remember this is not a video game he is a real person. Hey coach maybe I need some help let's play more then just 7 of us.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

6. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Sorry, he's just not pissed enough for my taste. At least T-mac was moved to tears after letting his team down, and that SOB got microfracture on us when he was going to be moved for Vince, who's still playing btw!!!

Houstunna, Yung-T and ilovehtownbb like this.
  7. Tha_Dude

This loss is worse than when we lost game 7 at Dallas in 2005. Way worse. We were destroyed on our home court and we were playing a team that was without it's MVP candidate, in a must win game.

RocketsTerps and ilovehtownbb like this.
  8. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Harden ****kng mailed it in before the game start, no shot attempts in the first qrt!!! R u ****kng kidding me, first half 5pt with 5 turnovers. His boby language was worst, theres no fight in James

Houstunna and Tha_Dude like this.
  9. Tha_Dude

Mailing it in is perhaps too kind. The entire team stayed at home, didn't mail anything, just no showed and no call. That kind of **** gets you fired in the real world.

Houstunna, ilovehtownbb and Yung-T like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You did not get into a rhythm, Beard!

11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I honesty believe the teams were equal in talent, and after Leonard went out the Rockets became the more talented team. Dude alluded to it in his post, the heart and soul wasn't there. I'm looking at you Harden. WTF was that??!

Houstunna and ilovehtownbb like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Talent maybe but Spurs had more experience, better coach, more clutch role players.

And it was all about Aldridge showing up. If he shows up, they are hard to beat. Period.

Yung-T likes this.
  13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I hear you. But after 4 and 3/4 games the Rockets were in a position to take command of the series. That is not why the series was lost. The role players and coaches had nothing to do with James disappearing, and that is why we lost the series.

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That_Dude, my man, it is not fair to say the whole team gave up. Capela showed a lot of heart, and had a very decent series for a young player. Same for Ariza. The rest followed the cue from Harden, and pretty much mailed it in.

Like you said, a great regular season did not deserve a most horrible ending. That's disheartening going forward in respect to possibly attracting top free agents.

I am curious to learn from posters who are a bit closer to the team -- hi Clutch, the reasons for this debacle.

15. Tha_Dude

There is no excuse for the Rockets losing this game in the fashion that they did. None. Leonard was out for this game, we were at home, we should have won the game.

If we lose by 3 or 4 points (hell even 10 points), maybe we could look at certain things that went wrong for us and adjust for next season. But, when you get destroyed by 40 and your players don't even show up for the game then you have nothing to really reflect on. How does MDA even look at the tape from this game and gather anything from it other than the fact that the team simply no called/no showed?

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  16. Tha_Dude

I just want to know why the Rockets came out so flat in this game. Pop gift wrapped this **** for us by sitting Leonard, and we get beat by 40 on our home court?????? WTF!!

MDA and Harden are the two dudes I blame the most. I certainly don't blame Capela or Ariza for it.

Houstunna and ilovehtownbb like this.
  17. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I'll never forget Armstrong going career against us and gloating. David Wesley, a mere shell of himself, and the whole white boy power squad, no where to be found...

18. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

The crazy thing to me is how the entire team except Capela showed almost nothing from the opening tip. Losing Nene was major for us. Completely changed our rotations and overall toughness or exposed a lack thereof. In addition, MDA's stubbornness not to TRY Montrezl for a team that showed zero energy.

19. Tha_Dude

I get that, and I do think Nene meant more to this team than people realized. But, at the same time the Spurs were without Leonard and Parker for this game. There is simply no excuse for losing on our library like we did. Also, shame on our home court fans or should I say (non believers), their 10 second support for the team will always be remembered.

Hakeemtheking and RocketsTerps like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Spurs always relied on Duncan down low and GP (Parker, Gino) at the perimeter.

The trio of LMA, Gasol and partly David Lee were a poor man's version of what Duncan brought to the table himself, and Oberto, Diaw, Splitter, Bojan....the other big.

Of course Harden disappeared but it was not a good game from our bench players.

The series was lost from the beginning IMHO because I predicted 7 games and with HC in San Antonio the Spurs were favorites to close it out.

It was about seeing if we had the grit to go the length, rally and come back stronger next season.....go all out 7 games and we clearly failed at that.

This quitting game tells me this team has a long way to go.

#20 daywalker02, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017