1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets have 7 players on the Roster who DNP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jump Ship, Nov 24, 2018.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

Rockets are seeking for minimum salary vet players who can outplay contracts.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

DNP - Lacking Talent

Gorki and J.R. like this.
  3. BigBum

BigBum Member

DNP - do not pay

By comparison, they don’t get pay.

4. tc0330

tc0330 Member

not at all. the man has no money to sign a legit FA outright. he was able to pull off a miracle by getting rid of anderson's contract for 2 pieces that are easier to move and used the remaining scraps of "money" we have left for decent (and shitty - it happens) role players that could outplay their value.

we took a hail mary approach on melo. only difference is, we got to sign him as an experiment for pennies. experiment failed, f*ck it, we cut him so moving on.

now, we can look to move the pieces we have with also the picks we still have for upgrades.

its still early. lots a moves can still be made especially with time. crippling teams will allow us to gain great players for cheap. we'll be alright.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Dude stop, we are not the celtics, are players are better and younger than they were. This is why I hate when we lose cause people like you cant wait and tell us to blow it up(and i dont really see you when we win).

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hello there, rockets are still the best team in the league... one L when missing one of our superstars does not change this fact

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

calm down, rockets are still the best team in NBA

HP3 likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

From contender to pretender in one offseason.

DD

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you talking about gsw?
    this is garm for gods sake

10. psaman17

psaman17 Member

What alternate universe are you living in?

The rockets are .500 after 18 games. That puts them factually 11th place in the West. Best team in the NBA? By what measurement?

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

man knowing the basketball cant be put in one post... its the years and decades of watching and gathering the wisdom
    they simply are the best...they have mvp and have wcf MVP point god...its just a mater of injuries, suspensions, resting players and having to play tru these meaningless november games ..given health they are the very best team in nba and its not even close.. 2 years in a row now...

12. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Because cousins. MVP Durant joining a 72 win team was bad enough.

We all felt the same way about the ty lawson rockets. There was just too much talent for them not to figure it out and they never did. Not saying we havent all seen what youre seeing, but the west is also much tougher this year specifically.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I wish we could swing a trade for Markeiff and Satoransky from Washington. I don’t want to see MCW play another game for the Rockets and we need more depth.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

One thing is for sure, MCW needs to go or get glued to the bench, i wanted him to succeed here but the dude just has no business being out there, i don't even know what to say but he's a pg that:

- can't playmake
    - can't shoot 3s
    - can't shoot fts
    - can't play under control (on both ends)

I knew his offense was bad but i thought that at least his defense was going to be ok/good and...welp. In the end, it seems there's literally nothing positive he can do, when he was out there yesterday it was like he was single handedly sinking the team with dumb fouls, forced plays...he was trying but...kinda like in the wrong way, i don't know how to say it otherwise, it's like the other guys had no idea of how to play with him.

I think MDA should just play Edwards, at least he's able to stay in the corner and shoot a 3.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

So Morey is eschewing adding bench depth to keep the powder dry for a 3rd star. I get the NEED for a 3rd star, but will one shake loose?

As a thought exercise, exactly WHO out there in the NBA is *realistically available* that fits the 3rd star category? Who could Morey be chasing?

I suppose Bradley Beal could be 1.

The 3rd stars that might be available, likely won't be moved until the FEBRUARY trade deadline. If the Rockets WAIT that long AND are lucky to even be able to make a deal, will the ship have taken on too much water?

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's a real issue for sure. We not only need a third star, but we also have NO depth now. Eric Gordon going into the crapper is the biggest issue, but we also don't have any one on the bench that can come in during a pinch and be a real plus.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The only reason MCW played in the Cavs game is because MDA wanted a "ball handler" out there when Harden was sitting. He wanted someone to initiate plays to get Gordon the ball.

I don't blame MDA for going this way. Morey is the one that created that roster situation. That is on him. Rockets do not have a *playable* backup PG.

PeterKingX likes this.
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This year isn't our year. Last year could have been. Next year might be (or, our window could have closed at the end of the WCF). But I don't have any confidence that we'll win it this year.

So we will mediocre our way to 47-48 wins and make a real push for it next year. And that's ok. IMO the Butler trade was more for the post-KD Warriors than for this year: killing whatever depth we had this year for a star to put us near the top for 2-3 years.

After our awful start I was hoping for a heavy tank for a top 3 pick and then making that renewed push next year, but instead we'll have to settle for a 16-17th pick.

(I realize the above sounds like I'm panicking after the CLE loss, but I'm really not mad about it. Sexton got hot and made stupid shots that he will miss 8/10. It happens.)

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Just so you know, on a CP/Harden roster, this team is not tanking. So forget it. The tanking talk can re-surface after the CP/Harden combo has finished their run.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I know. But it should have, IMO.

Rest CP3 a lot (he's already resting regularly so just rest him more). Play Harden 30 mpg with several games off. Feature MCW and Melo in the offense. That was my tanking plan.

It's all done now though of course. So mediocrity treadmill, here we come.