1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

THE Right Brain vs Left Brain test

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Invisible Fan, Oct 11, 2007.

1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I also see clockwise, I can't even fathom seeing it going counter. And according to that list, I think I'd consider myself more of a 'Left'.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If you look 3 inches away and visualize her spinning the other direction in your peripheral vision, you can change her spinning with a little practice.

A way to help is to open this page in a firefox tab
    http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5693171,00.gif,
    and you'll see a tiny silhouette icon on the tab. Notice the tiny icon's legs move in a spiral and its direction is easier to manipulate. When you do the peripheral vision trick, try to see the spiral in your periphery and then change the direction.

I can't change her direction without looking away. I think my mind is tricked into thinking there's inertia.

#22 Invisible Fan, Oct 11, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  3. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I found an easier way to change her direction without blinking. Just look at your keyboard or desk, move your eyeballs up towards your brain while still facing down, and cross your eyes, then go and look at her.

4. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

I can only see it counter clock wise, i don't know how everyone sees clockwise

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

based on the depth changes of her limbs and the physical position of her body, it is impossible for her to be going counterclockwise.

her extended leg and arm get larger as they approach the right side of the screen, and get smaller as they go toward the left side.. in other words.. spinning clockwise..

and the fact that she is standing on her left leg indicates that it would be much easier to spin in a clockwise manner.. which would be a more natural dancers movement.. more of a spin.. unlike going counterclockwise.. which would basically be the most awkward and ungraceful movement ever.. unless you had your leg tucked behind you like so. which the girl spinning clearly does not.

[​IMG]

imagine someone in this position "twirling" clockwise.. that would not nearly be as graceful or as easy as counterclockwise in that position.

#25 DonnyMost, Oct 11, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  6. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

When I first saw it it was counter. Now its clockwise every time. I have focused and watched change too.

Thanks for posting this.

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

For me it spinned counter and then kept alternating clockwise and counter.

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

If you just look at the shadow at the bottom and convince yourself that the figure is turning the opposite direction of what you last percieved, look up and it will be. There's no big trick or conspiracy.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I was only seeing it clockwise, but this helped me see it the other way too.

10. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Still can't get it to go counter, no matter how hard I try. I'd tried all the suggestions here.

11. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

If you practice long enough, you can make her go whichever direction you want. It's weird to make her turn from side to side without letting her turn a full 360 degrees. Pretty cool effect.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Look at her bottom feet.

13. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

someone hurry up and tell me how wrong my explanation is so i can get into an argument

p.s. hilarious how this "left brained" artsy fantasy person used reasoning and logic to see that it was spinning clockwise :mad:

14. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Do math problems in you head and it will go counter.

Reply the Rockets game in your head and it will go clockwise.

15. Major

Major Member

The problem is that when she's spinning counter-clockwise, she also flips which leg she's standing on to her right leg. Truly bizarre.

16. Poloshirtbandit

At 10:01 PM I had a lot of respect for DonnyMost. At about 10:26 PM I said "f*ck DonnyMost."

It's counterclockwise. :mad:

17. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I've been staring at this image from another website for like 30 mins now and I STILL can't get it to go counter-clockwise. Everything about her is pointing towards clockwise. Her posture and everythang.

18. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Amazing! I finally got it to work.

For me, the first step was envisioning her not spinning, but just moving back and forth like a pendulum. After that, I could easily get her to snap into whatever direction I wanted.

And Invisble's suggestion of just looking at the bottom foot does help a lot. It's easier if you scroll the window down so that the foot is the only thing you see, and then slowly scroll up.

19. Major

Major Member

The Left-brained people are the logic/reasoning ones. The right-brained ar ethe artsy ones. :)

20. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

DAMMIT TO HELL :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

F*** REASONING