1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

THE Right Brain vs Left Brain test

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Invisible Fan, Oct 11, 2007.

1. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I quit.

Every time I look at it it changes direction...without effort on my part.

But did enjoy everybody's explanation.

2. vincentt

vincentt Member

same i'm so confused

3. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

Try this. Focus on the shadow. If you want her to spin clockwise, just imagine that the shadow is swinging from right to left. Then just do the opposite if you want her to spin anticlockwise. It's really not that difficult.

Now I can make her change the spinning direction as I want 10 times within 1 minute.

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I can make it switch every 2 seconds now.

5. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Wow, thats so cool. At first I was only seeing it clockwise, but then as I scrolled it flipped. Them i focuses on it and flipped back again.

Now I can flip it back and forth whenever I want.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I can only see clockwise when I focus on it. However, when I look away and want to open up a different tab in my browser so that she is only in my peripheral vision, she starts to go counter-clockwise...but as soon as I focus on her again, she changes back to clockwise.

Women...always want to fool you! :mad:

7. itzIce

itzIce Member

I see clockwise all the time but I see counter when I look up and use my peripheral vision to view the screen.

Kind of looks like a pendulum when I try it that way.

8. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

For those having a hard time seeing it counter clockwise. Start reading a little of the text below it and you will see it change directions because it forces you to use the other side of your brain when your'e reading.

9. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

What your ridiculously stubborn theory fails to explain is why I can be looking at it with my gf and we both see it spinning in opposite directions.

The pic doesn't change, man. Let it go.

10. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Initially, it was counter-clockwise, then it was clockwise, until I made myself visualize it.
    Look at the feet, and imagine the outer foot shadow either passing in front or behind the standing leg. That will set the direction in your mind.

Wierd.

As far as another test goes, hold your hands together, fingers interlaced. Note which thumb is on top of the other. Right brained is supposed to have the right thumb on top, and left brained has the left thumb on top.