1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The revenge game of Yao Ming: China vs Australia (second round)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by windandsea, Jul 6, 2002.

1. sideshow-bob

sideshow-bob Contributing Member

please everyone stop comparing Bradley to Yao! I'm german and I still have absolutely no clue why we needed Bradley to play for our national team. I mean he doesn't even start on our national team and he subs in for about 10 mins a game. The starting center is Patrick Femerling who will probably never play an NBA game. Still people try to compare a #1 pick who is by far the best player in that tournament to a guy who wouldn't be playing 15 minutes on that Yugoslavian team Yao is burning despite being double and triple teamed and being slightly hurt. :rolleyes:

2. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Don't compare me to Bradley. This will piss me off.

3. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Piss me off. You are officially one of us.

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Good to see the EMOTION!!! :mad: :D

5. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

I got a big kick out of that. That was good windandsea !

6. Miggidy Markell

Well your going to have to live upto the fact that it has happened or follow another team with your bias opinions.

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Lets get something straight here. If Ming played at the University of Houston, he would easily average 25 ppg and 12-15 rpg. He would still be the #1 pick in the draft. Saying that the competition overseas sucks is very ignorant. Its not NBA competition, but its better than 99% of the colleges out there.

8. prlen

prlen Member

yes ,lol,I sooooooooooooooooorry......

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i'd trade btm for shawn bradley.

10. prlen

prlen Member

This YUGOSLAVIA team is not a decent NT.no peja ,no divac and so on....

Anyway the standard is lower than the NBA but they are not weaker than NCAA .

bradley is not a bust!
    yaoming is not bradley.

#110 prlen, Jul 7, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2002
  11. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

kick BTM out, send him to chicago bulls so he can root for jay william,

12. ESource

ESource Member

I wouldn't! Bradley has the BIGGER upside..... :cool:

13. SunsRocketsfan

I dont post much, I just love coming here to read all the posts tho. So just thought i'd let my voice be heard. GOOO MING.. GOOO ROCKETS.. adn SCREW ALL YOU HATERS OUT THERE.. and the Bradley comparioso is just absurd. Preln great job on the updates. I'm chinese so in the future I can help translate some articles or quotes. And to those r****ds saying internation competition sucks.. well remember the USA almost lost during the last olympics. I believe lithuania almost won and should of won if it wasnt for this one bad call down the stretch. USA won like by a pt that game or something like that. Not sure on the stats and scores if someone could look it up to confirm. And I remember australia gave the US a pretty good won duruing the first half. So these people are no scrubs and are probably better than most college teams out there. SO ming is PREPARED.. and should become a decent NBA star someday.

14. SunsRocketsfan

To all the haters out there .. sit down and shut the f-up. cuase check out these stats. THese are US NBA players including Donyell Marshall and Michael Finley among others.. Check it out fo ur self..
    http://usabasketball.com/history/mteamusa_1993.html

the USA even lost to Germany!!! and Only beat Itay by 9 and also lost to SPAIN too!!!
    OH YEAH JASON KIDD WAS ON THIS TEAM TOO...
    What this ? the USA losing to international competition? Hows that possible? I thought they were a bunch of scrubs.

15. SunsRocketsfan

check the individual stats of each USA player too. NONE OF THEM COMES CLOSE TO THE NUMBERS MING PUT UP..

16. SunsRocketsfan

pretty shocking huh? A team with Kidd, Finley, and Marshall lost to a bunch of no name international scrubs that cant even make the bulls roster? Okay think I have made my point I'll stop posting about this.. ^__^

17. SunsRocketsfan

Oh I just wanted to add at the time of this tournament Kidd, Finley, etc were in college and were about the same age as Ming is right now. So this is not hte NBA kidd or finley that we see today. But just look at Yao's numbers compared to theirs. Its either the same or better.

18. SunsRocketsfan

oh yea and what did Barkley say about Ming on draft night? I missed it. .. everyone siad barkley trashed him

19. clarence lui

clarence lui Member

In general US teams do have superior talents, but if you think int'l competition sucks, think again.

1983 - World University Games: USA squad with Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Kevin Willis and company got whipped by the Canadian NT pretty badly in the semi-final and did not advance to the finals.

early 80's - USA youth teams with stars including David Robinson repeatedly got whipped by the USSR youth teams with a phenomenal center named Sabonis in several occasions.

88 Olympics - USA men's team with oops, again David Robinson, Dan Majerle and company got killed in the semi-finals by the USSR (with Sabonis just coming out of 2 surgeries on his torn achilles' tendons).

Last Olympics - USA vs. Lithuania, game was determined by a final shot attempt by the Lithuanian NT; had that shot gone in, USA would have lost the game.

Whoever thinks int'l basketball sucks have no sense of reality/history.

BUT we do have the deepest talent pool, the best training and the most competitive league on this planet. That's why talents like David Robinson and Charles Barkley continued to develop and blossom.

Tell me if I am wrong.:confused:

#119 clarence lui, Jul 7, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2002
  20. cwww

cwww Member

SunsRocketsfan, I agree with u, but can you please post your msg in ONE post next time?