1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rebounders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I know this forum is the place where people will openly accepting to random thoughts so I will gladly post this one here.

I really liked the rebounding I saw out of KJ Martin + Sengun + Wood combo today. I think in certain matchups when we need some rebounding and second chance points, especially if our shooters are off, this combo might be a really good unit for that. Might be a good squad to stop some teams with athleticism and size also.

I would really like to see more of that combo in the future, might be good.

2. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

During the last games Silas has been sneakily pushing that combo, or a derivative, on court for a few minutes.
    I like what I see.
    "The 2-big lineup will never work" crowd will see and like it too, hopefully.

DeBeards, Chasing_Chase and D-rock like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

As long as Theis is NEVER one of the 2 bigs.

I'm all in.

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun/Wood is a lineup that definitely needs time.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Works especially well when we go against one of the worst rebounding teams in the league.

VoR, D-rock and seclusion like this.
  6. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

our DREB ranks 20, OREB ranks 22,
    needless to say, Detroit could hardly be deemed as a touchstone,
    then let's see what gonna happen in the coming 10 games esp against:
    MIL DREB4, OREB8
    LAL DREB3, OREB23
    WAS DREB8, OREB27
    (good news is, among the top 10 DREB teams, we have brought down 3 in past 10 games, i.e. BKL5, OKC7, ATL10)

7. VoR

VoR Member

We need a ball hawk on the glass for DREB. A lot of garbage not following your shot on the offensive end too. I like Curry, but he sets a bad precedent for not following your shot and looking for absolutely every opportunity in the game to exploit your opponents.

We need someone with Tate’s hustle and body but with 4 more inches. Precious Achiuwa comes to mind.

Do you know who has put up an impressive start line this year at only 20mpg? Kevin Love.

If we can get KMJ with even a fraction of that Rodman attitude, his NBA value triples. Maybe we can get Olajuwon in here to give all these young bloods some ballet lessons.

aaquaa likes this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This sounds like a Netflix series about a group of guys that all got dumped by their girlfriends.

Bo6 likes this.
  9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

starring paul rudd and seth rogen.

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

the actual rebounding is not the problem, it is the team mates of the guy going for trhe rebound that is the problem/ they need to be aware to box out and make it easier to get that defensive rebound.