1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Reason the Rockets lose.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ACL1, Mar 20, 2003.

1. ACL1

ACL1 Member

I finally figured it out. It took the portland game for me to see. It has to do w/ the Guards.
    Now wait. I am not going to call them selfish. You see, It is not their own fault. It is a physical handycap. They are BLIND .

There I said it.

How else can u explain our starting back court passing the ball to the opposing team 6 times ( yes I counted it- have the tape to prove it) I mean they were crisp passes, except to the wrong uniform.

Or how would you explain a guy as big as Yao not getting a single pass in the 4th quarter until Steve and Cat ( ooooh that **#$ing cat) left the game in the last minute.

Speaking of Cat.
    Has anyone during the entire season, seen him pass after getting a pick in a pick and Roll. I have watched all their games this season except one. I have yet to see it happen. Unless he did it in the game that I missed which was the Loss in Chicago.

This one is on Cat again cause this time he did not see a bigger object out there. With 4 minutes to go and still a slim chance, the Rox stole the ball. Unfortunately as the fate has it, it falls on the hands of The Catman who dribbled, and dribbled, and dribbled until he was under the board. Once again blindness set in. This time he missed were the backboard was.

And while we are at Cat, he is even blind on defense. The opposing guards are actually hoping that he is gaurding them, because-as D Anderson was all nite tonite- they are going to be sitting behind the 3 line and shooting up their season percentage.

Now I dont want to onlypick on cat. Let us not forget Mooch, Oh Mooch...

This one is almost too easy. Sufice to say when u are a PG of a team , and u play 14 minutes, and u end up w/ no assisst as u did last nite against Seattle, U should just sit your useless ass on the bench and not suit up.

I was actually going to be a lot rougher on the Mooch , but he was the only gaurd to pass to Yao in the 4th quarter( which he ended up scoring!) so I go easy on him.

At least sometimes he can see....

2. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Hehe......

THAT IS WHY WE NEED BRENT BARRY!!!!!!! Or Lamar Odom.

They both fit what we need.....someone who can run the offense and can shoot!!!

Cuttino should stay...........but as a 6th man. Man.....he would be the best player off the bench ever.

3. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

I'm beginning to think if Cat comes off the bench, he will just jack it up even more just to maintain his stats.

4. ewfd

ewfd Member

We lost a game, dismantle the team. Now.

5. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

We lost ANOTHER game.

And both games......Mobley missed many opportunities.

Really......if we don't make any changes, I don't see how we can make it to the playoffs NEXT SEASON. Forget about this season...

Sure. Yao will become awesome.......but other teams will just triple team him because they don't need to guard Eddie or Posey.

We need to make some additions. Just add a shooter......

6. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

PLAYOFFS?! FORGET ABOUT PLAYOFFS! (Doing best Jim Mora imitation)

7. ewfd

ewfd Member

DIDDLY POO!!

[​IMG]

8. fanwq

fanwq Member

We lost the game we nearly win.
    It's the coach's problem,not palyers' faults.

9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

There is a reason DA was open for threes all night. It is called help defense. As Steve is getting beat like a drum by Mighty Mouse and our forwards are being abused like rednecks' wives, Cat has to come over and help out. What is supposed to follow is defensive rotation, what actually follows is wide open jumpers as no one covers Cat's man. He wouldn't look as bad to the untrained eye if he stayed home, but to anyone who knows basketball, not helping is unforgivable.

10. yohkoh

yohkoh Member

We have to see that Cat is a great athlete. He can runs, runs and runs in the court. He never tires. He ranks No.2 for minutes per game among the league.

But that's all. Thing only thing he can do is running from one end to the other end, to make sure Rockets has 5 player in the court.
    What? You said he can play basketball? What a joke! You are so humorous :))

11. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

The reason why Cat is so arrogant is that he knows that no matter how moronic and selfish he plays, he will get his 40+ minutes and touches.

12. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

this really sums it up. It happened to Cato and Cat all night. They played beautiful initial help defense, but no one helped the helper. As wonderful a player as Francis is, and as wonderful an offensive player Taylor has become, the both have no concept of how to help the helper. They just release and watch the play when they get beat. This results in wide open jumpshots.

13. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

wow two people in the same who watch the game, i am very impressed

14. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Again, as most thru-out this season, it was painfull 2 watch this ROXS team!!:( There must b some changes or we'll see the whole same crap , but in different unis & stadium, again & again.........next year:eek: ! I'm tired of the same lame excuses, like this is a young team, etc...! I think we need 2 trade 1 of those selfish guards, who won't share the roc, or the times when they do share the ball ,they does'nt seem 2 know their own players or how their unis look like!!! I'm not advocating a total dismantling of this team, just a little tweeking, so we can get a chance 2 see a winning product;) !

15. dn1282

dn1282 Member

"this is not a young team" is not an excuse. However, "this is a STUPID team" is a very GOOD excuse. Almost every player on the team is stupid. I won't say who isn't stupid...figure that one out for yourself.

16. dn1282

dn1282 Member

whoops...meant to say "this is a young team" is not an excuse.

Damn...no edit!

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree there were some stupid passes today, not only from the guards, but also from Yao, and Posey, but I still think defense is the real thing lacking from the game.

I don't know how but, somehow the Rockets ended up +9 in points off of TO's tonight. The defense was the real culprit.

18. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Last night was a true exhibition of the level of Basketball IQ. of our team - The Houston Rockets - very low on the average. When they go on the road they cant remember what they learned last week!!