1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Prince has Returned! (Luc, Nick Young and TJones updates)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Fantasma Negro

Snot flew out my nose and onto my keyboard while laughing at that lol

topfive likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Umm..he was one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and one of our highest net rated players. You can say whatever about his offense but at the very least, defense translates to the post season. And he was one of our best,...actually probably our best.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we were one of the best 3 point shooting teams until we missed like 20 in a row

4. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

27 :rolleyes:

amaru, D-rock and tinman like this.
  5. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I hope it's just a scheduling conflict and he's back for real... That would be a huge add if he's healthy! He was fantastic 2 years ago...

6. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Here is Luc's injury report. https://hoopshype.com/storyline/luc-mbah-a-moute-injury/

TL;DR: Struggled with left knee issue pretty much all of last season. Underwent left knee surgery in March and was expected to practice basketball in June. According to the timeline in the report, no update on his struggle to recover from the shoulder injury. Shoulder injury/issue not even mentioned during his time with the Clippers.

amaru likes this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

That's not a good argument, at all. You're not even talking about his injury issues. The fact is...IF...if he were healthy he'd be an even better add than Iguodala for this team and better than Ariza thats a fact.

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Except Ariza ended up signing with one of the worst teams in the league then getting traded to another one anyways.

34to11 likes this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

But it was all guaranteed money. Are you not following what I’m suggesting?

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

all while making $40 mil guaranteed in 3 years which is exactly the point

Nook likes this.
  11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I know he left for the money, just ironic he went to one of the worst teams. Good thing he already has his ring.

12. fattz

fattz Member

And cutting real potential talent that could become effective role players if given the opportunity.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

IF is something you can't ever win

We are happy that bottom tier role players might be back
    Ariza and Luc are completely different

I remember nothing that Luc did that was special
    If he never showed up as a Rocket again, nothing would change

14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Not me. Rivers earned respect from me with tough play on the clippers. I wasn’t that high on faried because of his size, but he and green have had some success in the NBA. Mclemore has never been good in the nba. He can’t dribble, and can’t seem to defend. He can’t score, rebound, or make plays and he is only 6’5. I don’t think he is ready for prime time. The rockets are a contender. He will have to step his game way up to be on the floor here and I just don’t think he is up to it. I hope I’m wrong though

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I only remember that +51 +/- game or something like that. Not enough to make a big fuss about him coming back or not. Fine if he comes back, fine if he doesn't.

16. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I remember the Utah game and the Warriors game he started (in place of Ariza), and we didn't miss a step. Again, an ill timed injury can go a LONG way with a player's confidence in their bodies. Example: Capela last year, Danuel House last year (foot infection before playoffs). And those are just in the last year. If healthy and right, he was a perfect 3/4 for our system.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean yea no one knows whether he’s healthy or not and that’s big question mark but that’s not the argument.

He wasn’t a bottom tier role player, you can’t be serious.

Than you werent watching close enough especially on defense. Lol so untrue.

18. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Nick young is a slight downgrade from the capabilities of demar DeRozan based off of online video

19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Was it really enough film to say this. He didnt really play alot

20. fattz

fattz Member

I like the hope more than washed as a whole now that Luc out of the mix. There is a role for Sefolosha if he can still play vs Frazier. Green maybe odd man out because his role duplicated many times over with more rounded players. Bennett and Clark should be an interesting battle for the same spot (I don’t think they both can stay if Green makes the team). Hartenstein should make the team if not we should just stop the development of our players —> he gets better every time he gets a chance to play. His play in the G league is stellar. He needs a spot over some of the veterans that have been signed over the summer, IMO. We will see the direction of the team/franchise with the final cuts of the regular season.
    Here are my picks as of now:
    Harden / Westbrook / Gordon / Tucker / Capela
    Rivers / Shefolosha / House / Nene / Chandler
    Bennett / Clark / Hartenstein / Clemons / Frazier

We lack a “banger” / “bully”type —> a younger Nene would be perfect.