1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The play by play announcers tonight suck

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TroyBaros, Nov 9, 2001.

1. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

Denvers play by play announcers have zero class one even said kenny thomas should get an elbow to wake him up...
    zero class I hope those punks show their faces again at the compaq center ill be sure to quote the low lifes scums comments

This game is does not matter anyhow rider the thug getting his free shooting time considering every time he gets the ball he shoots it BALLHOG!

5-2 still not a bad record so far.:eek:

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

You are not kidding. Scott Hastings is HORRENDOUS. And Nuggets fans were making fun of Calvin? I would agree on a lot of things, but put your own in a home first.

All night Hastings ripped on KT that he was commiting an offensive foul every time. And did anyone catch what he said after the game? He said -- and I quote -- "Steve Francis is the perennial All-Star, yet Van Exel is the one putting up All-Star numbers." Uh, Francis has never made the All-Star team despite his numbers, and lets not go for the "we're disrespected" routine. That's us -- we own that bit. Made the last payment on it in the late 80's.

3. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

lol...yall are funny. hastings puts murph to shame.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well what an EXCITING game they had to announce tonight, I mean nail biting, down to the end action....oh wait a minute, the game sucked.

Never mind...carry on.

DaDakota

5. TroyBaros

Lets see Nugz denver has what 0 rings? hmmm lets see I doubt they ever will get squat.

They should just go ahead and get rid of that team as well.

Nuggets and their announcers will pay dearly next game.:mad:

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

NBA should announce a contraction and just get rid of the freakin Nuggs. I mean come on. The Clips might win a title one day, the Nets might. But Denver, Minnesota and Golden State will never win jack!

7. TroyBaros

Question Jeff do the nuggets announcers travel with the team?
    If so might their be those two clowns traveling with them?
    I caught another quote about something to the fact of someone reminding him of dom wilkens but a showboat kind of player with very little skills...who was he referring to?
    Boy those clowns are gonna pay when they step foot in compaq center....BANNER HERE I COME!

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I know everyone is mad we lost, but if you put Mcdyess back on that squad healthy, they would be a prettty good team. They did have a better record in the west than us.

9. haven

haven Member

Doesn't Van Exel usually play pretty well against Francis? I seem to remember Francis having a few clunkers against Nick the Quick.

10. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Barkley said the same thing about the Bulls after their A$$ WHIPPING yesterday.

11. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

They may have had a better record againt the west then us, I'm not sure, but we had a better record overall. Either way time to rebound and get back on the winning track!

12. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

having 0 rings means what?

oh yeah...riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

13. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Wow.

OK, I guess I'll do this in order.

TroyBaros,

You need prozac. Chill dude. Go look at my response in the NBA board to your rant about Hastings. Also, no, he doesn't go on away games so your threat of violence is a little pointless and sounds INCREDIBLY stupid. But hey, maybe one day you'll get your dream of beating up a 40 year old man who's 6'10". Congratulations!

Clutch,

Of course Hastings ripped on KT for offensive fouls. HE WAS COMMITTING THEM! Hastings points those things out. It's his job. As for the "disrespected" routine, you can't honestly tell me that you think the Rockets get less respect than the Nuggets. Both Francis and Van Exel deserved to be all-stars last year, and both got screwed. However, when you looked this pre-season, everyone's predicting all these honors for Francis, and NVE gets nothing. I don't know if Nick is still leading the league in scoring (he was for a while), but we all know Nick's going to get hosed again for the all-star game while Francis will finally get the nod he deserves. Hastings was just pointing that out.

R0ckets03,

I've been here for a while, and I know what you're like after losses, so I'll just let this one slide.

LeeBigz,

Thank you! People need to admit the Nuggets are a legit team. I maintain that if we had a coach that just didn't interfere, we'd be a playoff contender (and a playoff lock if we were in the crappy East). Unfortunately, we lost our franchise player for the first 3-4 months, and our coach will find a way to screw everything up before he gets back.

Haven,

Hastings mentioned during the game that Francis and NVE are friends and how Nick always seems to sack up with a little extra when he plays his friends. According to my media guide, the four times the Nugs and Rockets met last year, NVE led the Nugs in scoring twice (and I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think he played in the fourth game). Of course, your boy Francis seems to give something extra too as he led the Rocks in scoring 3 of those games.

14. TroyBaros

Hey butt nuggets 4 your announcers have zero class
    YOU DO NOT SUGGEST SOMEONE GET AN ELBOW TO WAKE THEM UP THATS LIKE SAYING OK LETS SEE WHO WE CAN INJURE AND LETS SEE WHO WE CAN HURT.

NO THREATS I CAN PAYBACK DEARLY WITH BANNERS AND MY OWN FREEWILL TO SPEAK WHAT THE HELL I WANT AT GAMES.

Calvin murphy and Bill never ever have once suggested that someone commit harm to another player to "wake them up"

You wait till they come back their gonna pay!

:mad:

So prozac this butt nugget.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No one is more underrated that Van Exel! period!

Wallace is getting his props for 2-3 yrs now; McDyess with the rightful Olympics pick; Finley is; and Jalen Rose simply won't let anyone ignore him, anymore. (Like Eddie Jones--or worse, that #33 guy--ever was better at anything, at any day in their life! I canNOT believe Odom is all of a sudden better than Jalen Rose, too! Yeah, better at crying to the camera.) Only Van Exel is left.

Sorry guys. I take the Nuggests side. This team is disrespected.

But all you Nugs fans, don't bother making excuses about Kenny, just admit that you didn't know he could do that. Like Oh, no PF is that fast...it must have been a foul.

*stay down*

#15 heypartner, Nov 10, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2001
  16. Timing

Timing Member

You know things are sad in Denver when their fans and announcers are talking about Van Exel for all-star after 6 games. LOL

I'll predict that NVE is back to his usual 40% shooting and 18 pts/game by the end of the season.

17. Nuggets4

Crispee,

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to take anything away from KT. He's a good player and kills us every time we play him, but he was elbowing Cloud after the play. That's just diry. Agree with you about NVE as well.

Timing,

Why shouldn't we talk about him being an all-star? 28.2 points and 7.8 assists per game. You saw what he could do last night when he gets on. And what's wrong with 18 ppg? He'll still get his 8+ dimes a game? Are those not potential all-star numbers?

Troy,

You're the one coming up with names like "butt nuggets" and we're the ones with no class? So far, almost EVERY Rocket fan here has ignored your comment. You know why? Because you're making a fool of yourself. I already explained what Hastings said, you still ignored me. But you go ahead and make banners. I'm sure that'll show Hastings. :rolleyes:

18. Nuggets4

By the way, I don't think he'll do it, but some national media is saying Nick could contend for MVP. Yes, it's premature, but still, it is nice to see him get some recognition.

<a href="http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news/fanball/20011105/fanball-kamlanvemvp.html">NVE for MVP?</a>

19. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

not me. hes been on my NUGGET-KILLER list for a while now.

kenny thomas
    othella harrington
    joe smith
    dirk nowitski

and still growing...

20. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

thats sad how?

your post almost made a little sense but not really. it kinda made no sense at all.