1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The party's over for betrayed Republican

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by gifford1967, Jun 27, 2005.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i don't see any posts by mons. clutch in this thread.

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

#22 mc mark, Jun 27, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2005
  3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Compared to my core beliefs, yes it is. Both satisfy and dissatisfy but at the end of the day, you choose one... unless you want to throw your vote away and vote Libertarian.

4. basso

Supporting Member

5. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Hey far be it from me to criticize where people spend their private time...on the computer...

;)

6. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Yawn. I thought this thread would be about a RINO that I had actually heard of like John McCain or Chuck Hagel.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most of those quotes are accurate and only a tiny few seem to be against military action in Afghanistan. Some question the strategy used, some actually seem to call for military action on a larger scale, some call for a more comprehensive strategy.

Some merely go more idepth than the simpleton "just bomb 'em" response and actually attempt to figure out where OBL is getting his support, and ways in which we could limit that support, and win some support for us.

Very few called for a total lack of military response.

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Ouch! This kind of irony breaks my funny bone.

9. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

This is the part that speaks to me and explains one of my biggest frustrations with the current political alignment. I personally consider myself a reformed liberal democrat in the way that Sinead O'Conner consders herself a reformed Catholic. In highschool and as an underclassman in college I believed in all the big government, protectionist and moral interventionists viewpoints. As I travelled to developing countries and saw how important trade was, started working for a living and having to deal directly with governments when it came to planning my I've realized just how starry eyed, utopian, arrogant and even unproductive those kind of views were. Yet last year I found myself in a democratic caucus where Kucinich overwhelmingly won the straw poll with people seriously debating banning all trade done by corporations.

It pains me that thanks to the absolutists rigid dogma that its treasonous to question this Admin that now I'm a lumped in with those same liberals who I've outgrown when I believe my views better represent the historical views of the conservative movement. Views that are suspicious of the idea of using US power to impose a narrow moral view both here and abroad. That are cautious of foreign entanglements. That knows that government has as little place in the bedroom as it does in the boardroom. That recognizes the separation of the power and resists the concentration of power in the executive. That respects Federalism. And finally that doesn't just ask the American people to trust them while they conduct themselves with more secrecy and less accountability.

10. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Don't tell me I was the only one on this BBS who got this. Bravo, basso! Classic p*rn! I love it! G-d Bless America!!!!!

[​IMG]

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am no longer a Democrat
    honestly . .looking back . . only reason I was
    was because they were the lesser of two evils

I am not a republican either

We *NEED* a third party
    I though Perot's Party had promise
    then the CHRISTIAN RIGHT infiltrated it and destroyed it
    [innate resistance to something that would disrupt the 2 party system]

Third Partys are now use as more leverage
    to pry votes from the other MAIN party rather than
    actually offer a different position

then again . . i maybe derailing this threat

Rocket River

12. basso

Supporting Member

kids these days, they just don't know their history, back before p*rn was pr0n.

13. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

True dat. Where have you gone, Seka? A nation turns it's lonely eyes to you!

:D